adjective relating to or characteristic of diplomacy
adjective using or marked by tact in dealing with sensitive matters or people
- the hostess averted a confrontation with a diplomatic chenage of subject
Dip`lo*mat"ic, Dip`lo*mat"ic*al adjective
- Pertaining to diplomacy; relating to the foreign ministers at a court, who are called the diplomatic body.
- Characterized by tact and shrewdness; dexterous; artful; as, diplomatic management.
- Pertaining to diplomatics; paleographic.
- A minister, official agent, or envoy to a foreign court; a diplomatist.
- The science of diplomas, or the art of deciphering ancient writings, and determining their age, authenticity, etc.; paleography.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!