adjective satellite of superficial relevance if any
- a digressive allusion to the day of the week
- a tangential remark
adjective satellite (of e.g. speech and writing) tending to depart from the main point or cover a wide range of subjects
excursive; rambling; discursive.
- amusingly digressive with satirical thrusts at women's fashions among other things
- a rambling discursive book
- his excursive remarks
- a rambling speech about this and that
Cf. F. digressif
- Departing from the main subject; partaking of the nature of digression.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!