noun the place designated as the end (as of a race or journey)
- a crowd assembled at the finish
- he was nearly exhausted as their destination came into view
noun the ultimate goal for which something is done
noun written directions for finding some location; written on letters or packages that are to be delivered to that location
name and address; address.
determination: cf. F. destination
- The act of destining or appointing.
- Purpose for which anything is destined; predetermined end, object, or use; ultimate design.
- The place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent; place or point aimed at.
Syn. -- Appointment; design; purpose; intention; destiny; lot; fate; end.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!