dating Meaning, Definition & Usage
noun use of chemical analysis to estimate the age of geological specimens
verb go on a date with
- Tonight she is dating a former high school sweetheart
verb stamp with a date
date; date stamp.
- The package is dated November 24
verb assign a date to; determine the (probable) date of
- Scientists often cannot date precisely archeological or prehistorical findings
verb date regularly; have a steady relationship with
date; go out; see; go steady.
- Did you know that she is seeing an older man?
- He is dating his former wife again!
verb provide with a dateline; mark with a date
- She wrote the letter on Monday but she dated it Saturday so as not to reveal that she procrastinated
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing McGraw-Hill Handbook of English Grammar and Usage, 2nd Edition