noun someone deranged and possibly dangerous
loony; weirdo; looney; nutcase.
adjective satellite affected with madness or insanity
unhinged; brainsick; demented; disturbed; mad; sick; unbalanced.
adjective satellite foolish; totally unsound
softheaded; screwball; half-baked.
- a crazy scheme
- half-baked ideas
- a screwball proposal without a prayer of working
adjective satellite possessed by inordinate excitement
- the crowd went crazy
- was crazy to try his new bicycle
adjective satellite bizarre or fantastic
- had a crazy dream
- wore a crazy hat
adjective satellite intensely enthusiastic about or preoccupied with
wild; gaga; dotty.
- crazy about cars and racing
- he is potty about her
- Characterized by weakness or feeblness; decrepit; broken; falling to decay; shaky; unsafe.
Piles of mean andcrazy houses.
One of great riches, but a crazy constitution.
They . . . got a crazy boat to carry them to the island.
- Broken, weakened, or dissordered in intellect; shattered; demented; deranged.
Over moist and crazy brains.
- Inordinately desirous; foolishly eager. Colloq.
The girls were crazy to be introduced to him.
R. B. Kimball.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!