correlate Meaning, Definition & Usage
noun either of two or more related or complementary variables
verb to bear a reciprocal or mutual relation
- Do these facts correlate?
verb bring into a mutual, complementary, or reciprocal relation
- I cannot correlate these two pieces of information
adjective satellite mutually related
Cor`re*late" intransitive verb
imperfect & past participle Correlated; present participle & verbal noun Correlating
- To have reciprocal or mutual relations; to be mutually related.
Doctrine and worship correlate as theory and practice.
Cor`re*late" transitive verb
- To put in relation with each other; to connect together by the disclosure of a mutual relation; as, to correlate natural phenomens.
- One who, or that which, stands in a reciprocal relation to something else, as father to son; a correlative.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters