coherent Meaning, Definition & Usage
adjective marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts
ordered; consistent; logical.
adjective satellite capable of thinking and expressing yourself in a clear and consistent manner
- a lucid thinker
- she was more coherent than she had been just after the accident
adjective (physics) of waves having a constant phase relation
adjective satellite sticking together
- two coherent sheets
- tenacious burrs
, p. pr. See Cohere
- Sticking together; cleaving; as the parts of bodies; solid or fluid.
- Composed of mutually dependent parts; making a logical whole; consistent; as, a coherent plan, argument, or discourse.
- Logically consistent; -- applied to persons; as, a coherent thinker.
- Suitable or suited; adapted; accordant. Obs.
Instruct my daughter how she shall persever,
That time and place, with this deceit so lawful,
May prove coherent.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters