noun an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution
handbill; flier; bill; flyer; broadsheet; throwaway; circular.
- he mailed the circular to all subscribers
noun a speech of violent denunciation
noun all of the armament that is fired from one side of a warship
noun the whole side of a vessel from stem to stern
- the ship was broadside to the dock
noun the simultaneous firing of all the armament on one side of a warship
verb collide with the broad side of
adjective satellite toward a full side
adverb with a side facing an object
- the train hit the truck broadside
- the wave caught the canoe broadside and capsized it
- (Naut.) The side of a ship above the water line, from the bow to the quarter.
- A discharge of or from all the guns on one side of a ship, at the same time.
- A volley of abuse or denunciation. Colloq.
- (Print.) A sheet of paper containing one large page, or printed on one side only; -- called also broadsheet.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!