breathless Meaning, Definition & Usage
adjective not breathing or able to breathe except with difficulty
dyspnoeal; dyspneic; dyspneal; dyspnoeic.
- breathless at thought of what I had done
- breathless from running
- followed the match with breathless interest
adjective satellite tending to cause suspension of regular breathing
- a breathless flight
- breathtaking adventure
adjective satellite appearing dead; not breathing or having no perceptible pulse
- an inanimate body
- pulseless and dead
- Spent with labor or violent action; out of breath.
- Not breathing; holding the breath, on account of fear, expectation, or intense interest; attended with a holding of the breath; as, breathless attention.
But breathless, as we grow when feeling most.
- Dead; as, a breathless body.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters