verb move forward by leaps and bounds
jump; spring; leap; bound.
- The horse bounded across the meadow
- The child leapt across the puddle
- Can you jump over the fence?
verb form the boundary of; be contiguous to
verb place limits on (extent or access)
throttle; bound; restrict; trammel; restrain; limit; confine.
- restrict the use of this parking lot
- limit the time you can spend with your friends
verb spring back; spring away from an impact
spring; rebound; bound; bounce; take a hop; reverberate; recoil; resile; ricochet.
- The rubber ball bounced
- These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide
adjective satellite having the limits or boundaries established
- a delimited frontier through the disputed region
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!