bespoke Meaning, Definition & Usage
verb be a signal for or a symptom of
bespeak; indicate; signal; betoken; point.
- These symptoms indicate a serious illness
- Her behavior points to a severe neurosis
- The economic indicators signal that the euro is undervalued
verb express the need or desire for; ask for
bespeak; call for; quest; request.
- She requested an extra bed in her room
- She called for room service
adjective satellite (of clothing) custom-made
made-to-order; tailored; bespoken; tailor-made.
imp. & p. p. of Bespeak.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles Rise of the Rocket Girls: The Women Who Propelled Us, from Missiles to the Moon to Mars Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race