noun someone who fights (or is fighting)
scrapper; combatant; fighter; battler.
adjective satellite characteristic of an enemy or one eager to fight
- aggressive acts against another country
- a belligerent tone
adjective satellite engaged in war
militant; warring; war-ridden.
- belligerent (or warring) nations
war + gerens
, waging, p. pr.
to wage: cf. F. belligérant
. See Bellicose
- Waging war; carrying on war. "Belligerent powers."
- Pertaining, or tending, to war; of or relating to belligerents; as, a belligerent tone; belligerent rights.
- A nation or state recognized as carrying on war; a person engaged in warfare.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!