verb make more beautiful
fancify; embellish; prettify.
verb be beautiful to look at
deck; embellish; decorate; grace; adorn.
- Flowers adorned the tables everywhere
verb make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.
ornament; embellish; decorate; grace; adorn.
- Decorate the room for the party
- beautify yourself for the special day
Beau"ti*fy transitive verb
imperfect & past participle Beautified (); present participle & verbal noun Beautifying
- To make or render beautiful; to add beauty to; to adorn; to deck; to grace; to embellish.
The arts that beautify and polish life.
Syn. -- To adorn; grace; ornament; deck; decorate.
Beau"ti*fy intransitive verb
- To become beautiful; to advance in beauty.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!