noun a ball game played with a bat and ball between two teams of nine players; teams take turns at bat trying to score runs
- he played baseball in high school
- there was a baseball game on every empty lot
- there was a desire for National League ball in the area
- play ball!
noun a ball used in playing baseball
- A game of ball, so called from the bases or bounds ( four in number) which designate the circuit which each player must endeavor to make after striking the ball.
- The ball used in this game.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!