noun making bread or cake or pastry etc.
noun cooking by dry heat in an oven
verb cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven
verb prepare with dry heat in an oven
verb heat by a natural force
- The sun broils the valley in the summer
verb be very hot, due to hot weather or exposure to the sun
- The town was broiling in the sun
- the tourists were baking in the heat
adjective satellite as hot as if in an oven
- The act or process of cooking in an oven, or of drying and hardening by heat or cold.
- The quantity baked at once; a batch; as, a baking of bread.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!