awesome Meaning, Definition & Usage
adjective satellite inspiring awe or admiration or wonder
awful; awing; amazing; awe-inspiring.
- New York is an amazing city
- the Grand Canyon is an awe-inspiring sight
- the awesome complexity of the universe
- this sea, whose gently awful stirrings seem to speak of some hidden soul beneath"- Melville
- Westminster Hall's awing majesty, so vast, so high, so silent
- Causing awe; appalling; awful; as, an awesome sight.
- Expressive of awe or terror.
An awesome glance up at the auld castle.
Sir W. Scott.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters