adjective (sometimes followed by `of') having or showing knowledge or understanding or realization or perception
- was aware of his opponent's hostility
- became aware of her surroundings
- aware that he had exceeded the speed limit
adjective bearing in mind; attentive to
- ever mindful of her health
- mindful of his responsibilities
- mindful of these criticisms, I shall attempt to justify my action
, AS. gewær
, fr. wær
wary. The pref. ge-
orig. meant together
. . See Wary
- Watchful; vigilant or on one's guard against danger or difficulty.
- Apprised; informed; cognizant; conscious; as, he was aware of the enemy's designs.
Aware of nothing arduous in a task
They never undertook.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!