assured Meaning, Definition & Usage
verb make certain of
insure; assure; ensure; secure; guarantee.
- This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us
- Preparation will guarantee success!
verb inform positively and with certainty and confidence
- I tell you that man is a crook!
verb assure somebody of the truth of something with the intention of giving the listener confidence
- I assured him that traveling to Cambodia was safe
verb be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something
insure; control; see to it; assure; see; ensure; ascertain; check.
- He verified that the valves were closed
- See that the curtains are closed
- control the quality of the product
verb cause to feel sure; give reassurance to
- The airline tried to reassure the customers that the planes were safe
verb make a promise or commitment
adjective satellite marked by assurance; exhibiting confidence
- she paints with an assured hand
adjective satellite characterized by certainty or security
- a tiny but assured income
- we can never have completely assured lives
- Made sure; safe; insured; certain; indubitable; not doubting; bold to excess.
- One whose life or property is insured.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters