noun a collection of resources
- he dipped into his intellectual armory to find an answer
noun all the weapons and equipment that a country has
noun a military structure where arms and ammunition and other military equipment are stored and training is given in the use of arms
noun a place where arms are manufactured
, F. armoire
, fr. L. armarium
place for keeping arms; but confused with F. armoiries
. See Armorial
- A place where arms and instruments of war are deposited for safe keeping.
- Armor: defensive and offensive arms.
Celestial armory, shields, helms, and spears.
- A manufactory of arms, as rifles, muskets, pistols, bayonets, swords. U.S.
- Ensigns armorial; armorial bearings.
- That branch of hplwaldry which treats of coat armor.
The science of heraldry, or, more justly speaking, armory, which is but one branch of heraldry, is, without doubt, of very ancient origin.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!