adjective satellite indicating opposition or resistance
adjective satellite characterized by antagonism or antipathy
- slaves antagonistic to their masters
- antipathetic factions within the party
adjective arousing animosity or hostility
- his antagonistic brusqueness
- Europe was antagonistic to the Unites States
adjective used especially of drugs or muscles that counteract or neutralize each other's effect
adjective satellite incapable of harmonious association
An*tag`o*nis"tic, An*tag`o*nis"tic*al adjective
- Opposing in combat, combating; contending or acting against; as, antagonistic forces. -- An*tag`o*nis"tic*al*ly, adv.
They were distinct, adverse, even antagonistic.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!