noun a theatrical performer
thespian; player; role player; histrion.
noun a person who acts and gets things done
- he's a principal actor in this affair
- when you want something done get a doer
- he's a miracle worker
, fr. agere
- One who acts, or takes part in any affair; a doer.
- A theatrical performer; a stageplayer.
After a well graced actor leaves the stage.
- (Law) (a) An advocate or proctor in civil courts or causes. Jacobs. (b) One who institutes a suit; plaintiff or complainant.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!