Devices Everyone Loved this Christmas
withies: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by withies & Words describing withies
- noun wood of a yew; especially the durable fine-grained light brown or red wood of the English yew valued for cabinetwork and archery bows
- noun any of numerous evergreen trees or shrubs having red cup-shaped berries and flattened needlelike leaves
- noun a share of the profits
- everyone got a cut of the earnings
- noun (film) an immediate transition from one shot to the next
- the cut from the accident scene to the hospital seemed too abrupt
- noun any of numerous deciduous trees and shrubs of the genus Salix
- noun a textile machine having a system of revolving spikes for opening and cleaning raw textile fibers
- adverb in the area or vicinity
- a few spectators standing about
- hanging around
- waited around for the next flight
- adverb by a circular or circuitous route
- He came all the way around the base
- the road goes around the pond
- noun a hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair
twist; braid; tress.
- noun any of various types of fold formed by doubling fabric back upon itself and then pressing or stitching into shape
- adjective employed in accomplishing something
- the principle of surprise is the most used and misused of all the principles of war"- H.H.Arnold & I.C.Eaker
- verb put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose
employ; apply; use; utilize; utilise.
- use your head!
- we only use Spanish at home
- I can't use this tool
- Apply a magnetic field here
- This thinking was applied to many projects
- How do you utilize this tool?
- I apply this rule to get good results
- use the plastic bags to store the food
- He doesn't know how to use a computer
- noun Australian tree grown especially for ornament and its fine-grained wood and bearing edible nuts
hazel tree; Pomaderris apetala.
- noun the fine-grained wood of a hazelnut tree (genus Corylus) and the hazel tree (Australian genus Pomaderris)
- adjective made or constructed by interlacing threads or strips of material or other elements into a whole
- woven fabrics
- woven baskets
- the incidents woven into the story
- folk songs woven into a symphony
- verb interlace by or as if by weaving
- adjective satellite having an intended meaning altered or misrepresented
misrepresented; perverted; distorted.
- many of the facts seemed twisted out of any semblance to reality
- a perverted translation of the poem
- verb to move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling)
twist; wrestle; writhe; worm; wriggle; squirm.
- The prisoner writhed in discomfort
- The child tried to wriggle free from his aunt's embrace
- noun green color or pigment; resembling the color of growing grass
- noun a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area
park; commons; common.
- they went for a walk in the park
- verb lose thickness; become thin or thinner
- verb make thin or thinner
- Thin the solution
- noun a relatively permanent inclination to react in a particular way
- the set of his mind was obvious
- noun grass for pastures and lawns especially bowling and putting greens
bent grass; bent-grass.
- adjective satellite not still wet
- the ink has dried
- a face marked with dried tears
- verb remove the moisture from and make dry
dry; dry out.
- dry clothes
- dry hair
- verb desire strongly or persistently
- adjective primarily temporal sense; being or indicating a relatively great or greater than average duration or passage of time or a duration as specified
- a long life
- a long boring speech
- a long time
- a long friendship
- a long game
- long ago
- an hour long
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!