Video Game Best Sellers on Amazon
typesetters: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by typesetters & Words describing typesetters
- noun the interior part of a country
- noun a town in west central Texas
ltdSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a company that is organized to give its owners limited liability
limited company; Ld..
- noun a Saxon kingdom in southwestern England that became the most powerful English kingdom by the 10th century
- noun the text appearing in a book, newspaper, or other printed publication
- I want to see it in print
- noun a picture or design printed from an engraving
- noun ritual hand movement in Hindu religious dancing
- noun someone whose occupation is printing
- noun (computer science) an output device that prints the results of data processing
- noun a vacuum tube in which a hot cathode emits a beam of electrons that pass through a high voltage anode and are focused or deflected before hitting a phosphorescent screen
- noun public transport consisting of a fast train or bus that makes only a few scheduled stops
- he caught the express to New York
- verb place limits on (extent or access)
throttle; bound; restrict; trammel; restrain; limit; confine.
- restrict the use of this parking lot
- limit the time you can spend with your friends
- noun an acronym for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation; an optical device that produces an intense monochromatic beam of coherent light
- noun food that is discarded (as from a kitchen)
scraps; food waste; garbage.
- verb show unwillingness towards
- he declined to join the group on a hike
- noun a typeface with thick heavy lines
bold face; bold.
- verb print in boldface
- noun text handwritten in the style of printed matter
- noun the business of producing printed material for sale or distribution
- verb distinguish oneself
stand out; surpass.
- She excelled in math
- noun activity directed toward making or doing something
- she checked several points needing further work
- noun a product produced or accomplished through the effort or activity or agency of a person or thing
piece of work.
- it is not regarded as one of his more memorable works
- the symphony was hailed as an ingenious work
- he was indebted to the pioneering work of John Dewey
- the work of an active imagination
- erosion is the work of wind or water over time
jacobsonSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the words of something written
- there were more than a thousand words of text
- they handed out the printed text of the mayor's speech
- he wants to reconstruct the original text
- noun a passage from the Bible that is used as the subject of a sermon
- the preacher chose a text from Psalms to introduce his sermon
- noun large black bird with a straight bill and long wedge-shaped tail
- verb obtain or seize by violence
- noun the act of using
utilization; utilisation; usage; employment; exercise.
- he warned against the use of narcotic drugs
- skilled in the utilization of computers
- noun what something is used for
function; role; purpose.
- the function of an auger is to bore holes
- ballet is beautiful but what use is it?
- noun a person engaged in one of the learned professions
- noun an athlete who plays for pay
- adjective employed in accomplishing something
- the principle of surprise is the most used and misused of all the principles of war"- H.H.Arnold & I.C.Eaker
- verb put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose
employ; apply; use; utilize; utilise.
- use your head!
- we only use Spanish at home
- I can't use this tool
- Apply a magnetic field here
- This thinking was applied to many projects
- How do you utilize this tool?
- I apply this rule to get good results
- use the plastic bags to store the food
- He doesn't know how to use a computer
- adjective displaying numbers rather than scale positions
- digital clock
- digital readout
- adjective relating to or performed with the fingers
- digital examination
- noun an organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer
trades union; brotherhood; labor union; trade union.
- you have to join the union in order to get a job
- noun the United States (especially the northern states during the American Civil War)
- he has visited every state in the Union
- Lee hoped to detach Maryland from the Union
- the North's superior resources turned the scale
- adjective having or showing or requiring special skill
- only the most skilled gymnasts make an Olympic team
- a skilled surgeon has many years of training and experience
- a skilled reconstruction of her damaged elbow
- a skilled trade
- noun a mine or quarry that is being or has been worked
- verb exert oneself by doing mental or physical work for a purpose or out of necessity
- I will work hard to improve my grades
- she worked hard for better living conditions for the poor
- noun an ideal instance; a perfect embodiment of a concept
beau ideal; idol; perfection.
- noun model of excellence or perfection of a kind; one having no equal
nonesuch; nonsuch; apotheosis; ideal; saint; nonpareil.
- adverb under normal conditions
normally; unremarkably; commonly; ordinarily.
- usually she was late
- verb provide with computers
- Our office is fully computerized now
- verb store in a computer
- computerized dictionary
- noun Israeli statesman (born in Russia) who (as prime minister of Israel) negotiated a peace treaty with Anwar Sadat (then the president of Egypt) (1913-1992)
- verb take the first step or steps in carrying out an action
get; start out; set about; start; set out; get down; commence.
- We began working at dawn
- Who will start?
- Get working as soon as the sun rises!
- The first tourists began to arrive in Cambodia
- He began early in the day
- Let's get down to work now
- adjective in or characteristic of a region of the United States south of (approximately) the Mason-Dixon line
- southern hospitality
- southern cooking
- southern plantations
- adjective satellite situated in or oriented toward the south
- a southern exposure
- took a southerly course
- noun a group of things of the same kind that belong together and are so used
- a set of books
- a set of golf clubs
- a set of teeth
- noun (mathematics) an abstract collection of numbers or symbols
- the set of prime numbers is infinite
- noun mail that is distributed by a rapid and efficient system
- noun public transport consisting of a fast train or bus that makes only a few scheduled stops
- he caught the express to New York
- noun a telephone connection
telephone call; phone call.
- she reported several anonymous calls
- he placed a phone call to London
- he heard the phone ringing but didn't want to take the call
- noun a special disposition (as if from a divine source) to pursue a particular course
- he was disappointed that he had not heard the Call
- noun a republic in central Europe; split into East Germany and West Germany after World War II and reunited in 1990
Deutschland; FRG; Federal Republic of Germany.
- adjective satellite produced by a manufacturing process; rope and nails"
- bought some made goods at the local store
- verb engage in
- make love, not war
- make an effort
- do research
- do nothing
- make revolution
- noun a line drawn on a map connecting points of equal height
- noun any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline)
shape; configuration; form; conformation.
- he could barely make out their shapes
- verb keep busy with
- She busies herself with her butterfly collection
- adjective actively or fully engaged or occupied
- busy with her work
- a busy man
- too busy to eat lunch
- adjective relating to photography or obtained by using photography
- photographic equipment
- adjective satellite representing people or nature with the exactness and fidelity of a photograph
- noun a static photograph (especially one taken from a movie and used for advertising purposes)
- he wanted some stills for a magazine ad
- noun (poetic) tranquil silence
- the still of the night
- adjective concerning or belonging to all or at least two or more nations
- international affairs
- an international agreement
- international waters
- noun any of several international socialist organizations
- noun a recognizable kind
- there's a new brand of hero in the movies now
- what make of car is that?
- noun the act of mixing cards haphazardly
- noun an animal that produces gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes (spermatozoa)
- noun a person who belongs to the sex that can have babies
- noun an institution created to conduct business
- he only invests in large well-established companies
- he started the company in his garage
- noun small military unit; usually two or three platoons
- adjective of or relating to electronics; concerned with or using devices that operate on principles governing the behavior of electrons
- electronic devices
- adjective of or concerned with electrons
- electronic energy
- adjective satellite of so extreme a degree or extent
- such weeping
- so much weeping
- such a help
- such grief
- never dreamed of such beauty
- adverb to so extreme a degree
- he is such a baby
- Such rich people!
- noun a daily or weekly publication on folded sheets; contains news and articles and advertisements
- he read his newspaper at breakfast
- noun a business firm that publishes newspapers
paper; newspaper publisher.
- Murdoch owns many newspapers
- noun food and lodging provided in addition to money
- they worked for $30 and found
- verb set up or found
establish; set up; launch.
- She set up a literacy program
- noun an adult female person (as opposed to a man)
- the woman kept house while the man hunted
- noun a female person who plays a significant role (wife or mistress or girlfriend) in the life of a particular man
- he was faithful to his woman
bedfordSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
From meanness first this Portsmouth Yankey rose, And still to meanness all his conduct flows. Oppression, A poem by an American (Boston, 1765).
- noun a representation of a person or scene in the form of a print or transparent slide; recorded by a camera on light-sensitive material
photograph; pic; picture; exposure.
- adjective consisting of or derived from tradition
- traditional history
- traditional morality
- adjective satellite pertaining to time-honored orthodox doctrines
- the simple security of traditional assumptions has vanished
- noun a commercially sponsored ad on radio or television
- adjective connected with or engaged in or sponsored by or used in commerce or commercial enterprises
- commercial trucker
- commercial TV
- commercial diamonds
- adjective having experience; having knowledge or skill from observation or participation
- verb go or live through
see; go through; experience.
- We had many trials to go through
- he saw action in Viet Nam
- noun any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
- noun a mixture containing two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic elements usually fused together or dissolving into each other when molten
- brass is an alloy of zinc and copper
- noun light machine gun
automatic rifle; machine rifle.
- noun a pistol that will keep firing until the ammunition is gone or the trigger is released
- adjective using (or as if using) mechanisms or tools or devices
- a mechanical process
- his smile was very mechanical
- a mechanical toy
- adjective relating to or concerned with machinery or tools
- mechanical arts
- mechanical design
- mechanical skills
- noun all the people living at the same time or of approximately the same age
- noun group of genetically related organisms constituting a single step in the line of descent
- noun a three-sided polygon
- noun something approximating the shape of a triangle
- the coastline of Chile and Argentina and Brazil forms two legs of a triangle
- noun an animal that produces gametes (spermatozoa) that can fertilize female gametes (ova)
- noun a person who belongs to the sex that cannot have babies
- noun a machine for performing calculations automatically
data processor; computing machine; information processing system; computing device; electronic computer.
- noun an expert at calculation (or at operating calculating machines)
calculator; estimator; figurer; reckoner.
- adjective a quantifier that can be used with count nouns and is often preceded by `as' or `too' or `so' or `that'; amounting to a large but indefinite number
- many temptations
- the temptations are many
- a good many
- a great many
- many directions
- take as many apples as you like
- too many clouds to see
- never saw so many people
- noun the position where someone (as a guard or sentry) stands or is assigned to stand
- a soldier manned the entrance post
- a sentry station
- noun military installation at which a body of troops is stationed
- this military post provides an important source of income for the town nearby
- there is an officer's club on the post
- noun the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one or a numeral representing this number
II; deuce; 2.
- noun one of the four playing cards in a deck that have two spots
- noun the commercial exchange (buying and selling on domestic or international markets) of goods and services
- Venice was an important center of trade with the East
- they are accused of conspiring to constrain trade
- noun the skilled practice of a practical occupation
- he learned his trade as an apprentice
- verb have as a part, be made up out of
- The list includes the names of many famous writers
- verb consider as part of something
- I include you in the list of culprits
- noun either extremity of something that has length
- the end of the pier
- she knotted the end of the thread
- they rode to the end of the line
- the terminals of the anterior arches of the fornix
- noun the point in time at which something ends
- the end of the year
- the ending of warranty period
- noun a formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote
- noun the ability of a microscope or telescope to measure the angular separation of images that are close together
- noun (United Kingdom) a region created by territorial division for the purpose of local government
- the county has a population of 12,345 people
- noun (United States) the largest administrative district within a state
- the county plans to build a new road
- noun a large and densely populated urban area; may include several independent administrative districts
metropolis; urban center.
- Ancient Troy was a great city
- noun an incorporated administrative district established by state charter
- the city raised the tax rate
- adjective unlike in nature or quality or form or degree
- took different approaches to the problem
- came to a different conclusion
- different parts of the country
- on different sides of the issue
- this meeting was different from the earlier one
- adjective satellite distinctly separate from the first
- that's another (or different) issue altogether
- noun the region that is outside of something
- noun the outer side or surface of something
- adjective satellite (used with count nouns) of an indefinite number more than 2 or 3 but not many
- several letters came in the mail
- several people were injured in the accident
- adjective satellite considered individually
- the respective club members
- specialists in their several fields
- the various reports all agreed
- noun the (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb
mitt; paw; manus.
- he had the hands of a surgeon
- he extended his mitt
- noun a hired laborer on a farm or ranch
hired hand; hired man.
- the hired hand fixed the railing
- a ranch hand
- noun the cardinal number that is the sum of five and one
sixer; sestet; Captain Hicks; hexad; sise; VI; sextet; half a dozen; 6; sextuplet.
- noun a playing card or domino or die whose upward face shows six pips
- noun public transport consisting of a bus or train that stops at all stations or stops
- the local seemed to take forever to get to New York
- noun anesthetic that numbs a particular area of the body
local anaesthetic; topical anesthetic; local anesthetic; topical anaesthetic.
- noun any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage
human being; homo; man.
- adjective characteristic of humanity
- human nature
- adjective satellite relevant and appropriate
- he asks questions that are germane and central to the issue
- noun the cardinal number that is the sum of three and one
tetrad; quaternity; quadruplet; foursome; Little Joe; IV; quaternion; quatern; quaternary; quartet; 4.
- noun a playing card or domino or die whose upward face shows four pips
- noun the first or highest in an ordering or series
- He wanted to be the first
- noun the first element in a countable series
number 1; number one.
- the first of the month
- noun the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one
deuce-ace; trio; triplet; tercet; tierce; troika; trey; 3; ternion; trine; ternary; triad; threesome; leash; III; trinity; terzetto.
- noun one of four playing cards in a deck having three pips
- verb enter or assume a certain state or condition
- He became annoyed when he heard the bad news
- It must be getting more serious
- her face went red with anger
- She went into ecstasy
- Get going!
- verb undergo a change or development
- The water turned into ice
- Her former friend became her worst enemy
- He turned traitor
- adjective (comparative of `much' used with mass nouns) a quantifier meaning greater in size or amount or extent or degree
- more land
- more support
- more rain fell
- more than a gallon
- noun English statesman who opposed Henry VIII's divorce from Catherine of Aragon and was imprisoned and beheaded; recalled for his concept of Utopia, the ideal state
Sir Thomas More; Thomas More.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!