transpicuous: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by transpicuous & Words describing transpicuous
- adjective having great (or a certain) extent from one side to the other
- wide roads
- a wide necktie
- wide margins
- three feet wide
- a river two miles broad
- broad shoulders
- a broad river
- adjective satellite broad in scope or content
across-the-board; broad; blanket; all-encompassing; encompassing; all-inclusive; all-embracing; extensive; panoptic.
- across-the-board pay increases
- an all-embracing definition
- blanket sanctions against human-rights violators
- an invention with broad applications
- a panoptic study of Soviet nationality"- T.G.Winner
- granted him wide powers
- noun a state of partial or total darkness
- he struck a match to dispel the gloom
- noun a feeling of melancholy apprehension
gloominess; sombreness; somberness.
- adjective (comparative of `much' used with mass nouns) a quantifier meaning greater in size or amount or extent or degree
- more land
- more support
- more rain fell
- more than a gallon
- noun English statesman who opposed Henry VIII's divorce from Catherine of Aragon and was imprisoned and beheaded; recalled for his concept of Utopia, the ideal state
Sir Thomas More; Thomas More.
- noun a mixture of gases (especially oxygen) required for breathing; the stuff that the wind consists of
- air pollution
- a smell of chemicals in the air
- open a window and let in some air
- I need some fresh air
- noun the region above the ground
- her hand stopped in mid air
- he threw the ball into the air
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!