Fashion That Rocked This Christmas
torqued: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by torqued & Words describing torqued
- adverb in an improper way
- he checked whether the wound had healed improperly
- noun omission or suppression of parts of words or sentences
- noun a discharge of lightning accompanied by thunder
thunderbolt; bolt of lightning.
- noun a sliding bar in a breech-loading firearm that ejects an empty cartridge and replaces it and closes the breech
- noun a closed plane curve resulting from the intersection of a circular cone and a plane cutting completely through it
- the sums of the distances from the foci to any point on an ellipse is constant
- adverb in the right manner
right; decent; in good order; decently; the right way.
- please do your job properly!
- can't you carry me decent?
- adverb with reason or justice
- noun a tight-fitting headdress
- noun a top (as for a bottle)
- adverb in an accurate manner
- the flower had been correctly depicted by his son
- he guessed right
- noun soft fine feathers
- noun (American football) a complete play to advance the football
- you have four downs to gain ten yards
- adjective satellite informal or slang terms for mentally irregular
loco; wacky; loopy; bats; haywire; balmy; kooky; nutty; barmy; around the bend; buggy; kookie; loony; whacky; crackers; round the bend; daft; dotty; batty; cracked; fruity; bonkers.
- it used to drive my husband balmy
- noun usually large hard-shelled seed
- adverb in the area or vicinity
- a few spectators standing about
- hanging around
- waited around for the next flight
- adverb by a circular or circuitous route
- He came all the way around the base
- the road goes around the pond
- adverb to the greatest degree or extent; completely or entirely; (`full' in this sense is used as a combining form)
to the full; full.
- fully grown
- he didn't fully understand
- knew full well
- adverb sufficiently; more than adequately
- the evidence amply (or fully) confirms our suspicions
- they were fully (or amply) fed
But he himself returned from the quarries. Judges iii. 19.
David hid himself in the field. 1 Sam. xx. 24.
The Lord himself shall give you a sign. Is. vii. 14.
Who gave himself for us, that he might . . . purify unto himself a peculiar people. Titus ii. 14.
With shame remembers, while himself was one Of the same herd, himself the same had done. Denham.
It comprehendeth in himself all good. Chaucer.
- adverb in accordance with truth or fact or reality
- she was now truly American
- a genuinely open society
- they don't really listen to us
- adverb in actual fact
- to be nominally but not actually independent
- no one actually saw the shark
- large meteorites actually come from the asteroid belt
- noun (baseball) a failure by a batter or runner to reach a base safely in baseball
- you only get 3 outs per inning
- verb to state openly and publicly one's homosexuality
come out of the closet; come out.
- This actor outed last year
- adverb happening at a time subsequent to a reference time
after; afterwards; later; later on; afterward.
- he apologized subsequently
- he's going to the store but he'll be back here later
- it didn't happen until afterward
- two hours after that
- noun the particular portion of space occupied by something
- he put the lamp back in its place
- noun a point occupied by troops for tactical reasons
- adverb to a small degree or extent
somewhat; more or less.
- his arguments were somewhat self-contradictory
- the children argued because one slice of cake was slightly larger than the other
- adverb in a slim or slender manner
- a slenderly built woman
- slightly built
- noun the state or fact of existing
- a point of view gradually coming into being
- laws in existence for centuries
- noun a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently
- adjective satellite having finished or arrived at completion
done; through with.
- certain to make history before he's done
- it's a done deed
- after the treatment, the patient is through except for follow-up
- almost through with his studies
- adjective satellite (of a route or journey etc.) continuing without requiring stops or changes
- a through street
- a through bus
- through traffic
- adverb taking care or paying attention
- they watched carefully
- adverb as if with kid gloves; with caution or prudence or tact
- she ventured cautiously downstairs
- they handled the incident with kid gloves
- noun (cricket) the division of play during which six balls are bowled at the batsman by one player from the other team from the same end of the pitch
- adjective satellite having come or been brought to a conclusion
concluded; terminated; complete; ended; all over.
- the harvesting was complete
- the affair is over, ended, finished
- the abruptly terminated interview
- noun the entire structure of an organism (an animal, plant, or human being)
organic structure; physical structure.
- he felt as if his whole body were on fire
- noun a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity
- the whole body filed out of the auditorium
- the student body
- administrative body
Taverners until them told the same. Piers Plowman.
He roused himself full blithe, and hastened them until. Spenser.
- adverb earlier in time; previously
- I had known her before
- as I said before
- he called me the day before but your call had come even earlier
- her parents had died four years earlier
- I mentioned that problem earlier
- adverb at or in the front
in front; ahead.
- I see the lights of a town ahead
- the road ahead is foggy
- staring straight ahead
- we couldn't see over the heads of the people in front
- with the cross of Jesus marching on before
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!