takeing: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by takeing & Words describing takeing
- verb have in mind as a purpose
- I mean no harm
- I only meant to help you
- She didn't think to harm me
- We thought to return early that night
- verb design or destine
destine; specify; designate.
- She was intended to become the director
- noun the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something
aid; tending; attention.
- no medical care was required
- the old car needs constant attention
- noun judiciousness in avoiding harm or danger
precaution; caution; forethought.
- he exercised caution in opening the door
- he handled the vase with care
Without the gate Some drive the cars, and some the coursers rein. Dryden.
- adjective satellite not present; having left
- he's away right now
- you must not allow a stranger into the house when your mother is away
- adjective used of an opponent's ground
- an away game
- noun an assembly (including one or more judges) to conduct judicial business
- noun a room in which a lawcourt sits
- television cameras were admitted in the courtroom
- noun an announcement containing information about an event
- you didn't give me enough notice
- an obituary notice
- a notice of sale
- noun the act of noticing or paying attention
- he escaped the notice of the police
- noun the momentary present
- Now is a good time to do it
- it worked up to right now
- adverb in the historical present; at this point in the narration of a series of past events
- President Kennedy now calls in the National Guard
- Washington now decides to cross the Delaware
- the ship is now listing to port
- noun the period of time during which you are absent from work or duty
leave of absence.
- a ten day's leave to visit his mother
- noun permission to do something
- she was granted leave to speak
Our host upon his stirrups stood anon. Chaucer.
Thou shalt take of the blood that is upon the altar. Ex. xxix. 21.
The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. Judg. xvi. 9.
As I did stand my watch upon the hill. Shak.
He made a great difference between people that did rebel upon wantonness, and them that did rebel upon want. Bacon.
This advantage we lost upon the invention of firearms. Addison.
Upon the whole, it will be necessary to avoid that perpetual repetition of the same epithets which we find in Homer. Pope.
He had abandoned the frontiers, retiring upon Glasgow. Sir. W. Scott.
Philip swore upon the Evangelists to abstain from aggression in my absence. Landor.
- noun the act of having and controlling property
- noun anything owned or possessed
- noun the act of grasping
grip; clutches; clutch; clench; grasp; clasp.
- he released his clasp on my arm
- he has a strong grip for an old man
- she kept a firm hold on the railing
- noun understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or magnitude of something
- he has a good grasp of accounting practices
- noun soft fine feathers
- noun (American football) a complete play to advance the football
- you have four downs to gain ten yards
- noun (baseball) a failure by a batter or runner to reach a base safely in baseball
- you only get 3 outs per inning
- verb to state openly and publicly one's homosexuality
come out of the closet; come out.
- This actor outed last year
- noun a point located with respect to surface features of some region
spot; topographic point.
- this is a nice place for a picnic
- a bright spot on a planet
- noun any area set aside for a particular purpose
- who owns this place?
- the president was concerned about the property across from the White House
- noun the quality of having a superior or more favorable position
- the experience gave him the advantage over me
- noun (tennis) first point scored after deuce
- noun the event of something burning (often destructive)
- they lost everything in the fire
- noun the act of firing weapons or artillery at an enemy
- hold your fire until you can see the whites of their eyes
- they retreated in the face of withering enemy fire
- noun benefit
- for your own good
- what's the good of worrying?
- noun moral excellence or admirableness
- there is much good to be found in people
- noun (cricket) the division of play during which six balls are bowled at the batsman by one player from the other team from the same end of the pitch
- adjective satellite having come or been brought to a conclusion
concluded; terminated; complete; ended; all over.
- the harvesting was complete
- the affair is over, ended, finished
- the abruptly terminated interview
- adjective satellite of so extreme a degree or extent
- such weeping
- so much weeping
- such a help
- such grief
- never dreamed of such beauty
- adverb to so extreme a degree
- he is such a baby
- Such rich people!
- noun the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one or a numeral representing this number
II; deuce; 2.
- noun one of the four playing cards in a deck that have two spots
- adjective (comparative of `much' used with mass nouns) a quantifier meaning greater in size or amount or extent or degree
- more land
- more support
- more rain fell
- more than a gallon
- noun English statesman who opposed Henry VIII's divorce from Catherine of Aragon and was imprisoned and beheaded; recalled for his concept of Utopia, the ideal state
Sir Thomas More; Thomas More.
- noun the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
ace; I; unity; 1; single.
- he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it
- they had lunch at one
- noun a single person or thing
- he is the best one
- this is the one I ordered
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!