subaverage: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by subaverage & Words describing subaverage
- adverb in a statistically significant way
- the two groups differed significantly
- adverb in a significant manner
- our budget will be significantly affected by these new cuts
- noun a measure of a person's intelligence as indicated by an intelligence test; the ratio of a person's mental age to their chronological age (multiplied by 100)
I.Q.; intelligence quotient.
- adverb in an intellectual manner
- intellectually gifted children
- intellectually influenced
- noun a person who uses the mind creatively
- adjective satellite of or associated with or requiring the use of the mind
- intellectual problems
- the triumph of the rational over the animal side of man
- adjective important in effect or meaning
- a significant change in tax laws
- a significant change in the Constitution
- a significant contribution
- significant details
- statistically significant
- adjective satellite fairly large
- won by a substantial margin
- noun the ability to comprehend; to understand and profit from experience
- noun a unit responsible for gathering and interpreting information about an enemy
intelligence service; intelligence agency.
- noun a general officer of the highest rank
- noun the head of a religious order or congregation
- adjective of or being or relating to or involving cognition
- cognitive psychology
- cognitive style
- noun process or manner of functioning or operating
- the power of its engine determines its operation
- the plane's operation in high winds
- they compared the cooking performance of each oven
- the jet's performance conformed to high standards
- verb perform as expected when applied
function; go; work; run; operate.
- The washing machine won't go unless it's plugged in
- Does this old car still run well?
- This old radio doesn't work anymore
- noun a dramatic or musical entertainment
- they listened to ten different performances
- the play ran for 100 performances
- the frequent performances of the symphony testify to its popularity
- noun the act of presenting a play or a piece of music or other entertainment
- we congratulated him on his performance at the rehearsal
- an inspired performance of Mozart's C minor concerto
- noun a young person of either sex
tiddler; nipper; tyke; small fry; nestling; youngster; fry; shaver; tike; minor; kid.
- she writes books for children
- they're just kids
- `tiddler' is a British term for youngster
- noun a human offspring (son or daughter) of any age
- they had three children
- they were able to send their kids to college
- noun an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet"
ambit; reach; orbit; compass; scope.
- a piano has a greater range than the human voice
- the ambit of municipal legislation
- within the compass of this article
- within the scope of an investigation
- outside the reach of the law
- in the political orbit of a world power
- noun the limits within which something can be effective
- range of motion
- he was beyond the reach of their fire
- adjective involving the mind or an intellectual process
- mental images of happy times
- mental calculations
- in a terrible mental state
- mental suffering
- free from mental defects
- adjective of or relating to the mind
- mental powers
- mental development
- mental hygiene
- noun a position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality
- a moderate grade of intelligence
- a high level of care is required
- it is all a matter of degree
- noun a relative position or degree of value in a graded group
- lumber of the highest grade
- verb make reference to
name; bring up; advert; mention; cite.
- His name was mentioned in connection with the invention
- verb be relevant to
touch on; relate; pertain; have-to doe with; bear on; touch; come to; concern.
- There were lots of questions referring to her talk
- My remark pertained to your earlier comments
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!