springers: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by springers & Words describing springers
- noun a burial chamber (usually underground)
- noun a strongroom or compartment (often made of steel) for safekeeping of valuables
- verb stay the same; remain in a certain state
- The dress remained wet after repeated attempts to dry it
- rest assured
- stay alone
- He remained unmoved by her tears
- The bad weather continued for another week
- verb continue in a place, position, or situation
continue; stay on; stay.
- After graduation, she stayed on in Cambridge as a student adviser
- Stay with me, please
- despite student protests, he remained Dean for another year
- She continued as deputy mayor for another year
- noun a curved shape in the vertical plane that spans an opening
- noun a curved bony structure supporting or enclosing organs (especially the inner sides of the feet)
- noun something left after other parts have been taken away
residue; residuum; residual; balance; remainder.
- there was no remainder
- he threw away the rest
- he took what he wanted and I got the balance
- noun freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility)
ease; repose; relaxation.
- took his repose by the swimming pool
- verb cheat by avoiding payment of a gambling debt
- noun a native or resident of Wales
Welshman; Cymry; Cambrian.
- noun the state or fact of existing
- a point of view gradually coming into being
- laws in existence for centuries
- noun a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently
- noun offensive term for a person of German descent
Boche; Hun; Krauthead; Kraut.
- noun unstratified soil deposited by a glacier; consists of sand and clay and gravel and boulders mixed together
- noun a treasury for government funds
trough; public treasury.
- noun a wooden structure consisting of an upright post with a transverse piece
- noun a marking that consists of lines that cross each other
- noun a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter
- he threw a rock at me
- noun building material consisting of a piece of rock hewn in a definite shape for a special purpose
- he wanted a special stone to mark the site
- noun any very large body of (salt) water
- noun a principal pipe in a system that distributes water or gas or electricity or that collects sewage
- noun the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one or a numeral representing this number
II; deuce; 2.
- noun one of the four playing cards in a deck that have two spots
- noun a telephone connection
telephone call; phone call.
- she reported several anonymous calls
- he placed a phone call to London
- he heard the phone ringing but didn't want to take the call
- noun a special disposition (as if from a divine source) to pursue a particular course
- he was disappointed that he had not heard the Call
- adjective having or marked by a curve or smoothly rounded bend
- the curved tusks of a walrus
- his curved lips suggested a smile but his eyes were hard
- verb turn sharply; change direction abruptly
swerve; cut; veer; trend; curve; sheer; slew; slue.
- The car cut to the left at the intersection
- The motorbike veered to the right
- noun the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one
deuce-ace; trio; triplet; tercet; tierce; troika; trey; 3; ternion; trine; ternary; triad; threesome; leash; III; trinity; terzetto.
- noun one of four playing cards in a deck having three pips
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!