Amazon Best Selling Books This Season
snappishness: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by snappishness & Words describing snappishness
- adjective deserving a curse; sometimes used as an intensifier
- villagers shun the area believing it to be cursed
- cursed with four daughter
- not a cursed drop
- his cursed stupidity
- I'll be cursed if I can see your reasoning
- verb utter obscenities or profanities
imprecate; cuss; curse; blaspheme; swear.
- The drunken men were cursing loudly in the street
- adjective satellite filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock
astonished; astounded; stunned; astonied.
- an amazed audience gave the magician a standing ovation
- I stood enthralled, astonished by the vastness and majesty of the cathedral
- astounded viewers wept at the pictures from the Oklahoma City bombing
- stood in stunned silence
- stunned scientists found not one but at least three viruses
- verb affect with wonder
amaze; astonish; astound.
- Your ability to speak six languages amazes me!
- adjective of or infected by rabies
- adjective satellite marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea
overzealous; fanatical; fanatic.
- rabid isolationist
- noun the momentary present
- Now is a good time to do it
- it worked up to right now
- adverb in the historical present; at this point in the narration of a series of past events
- President Kennedy now calls in the National Guard
- Washington now decides to cross the Delaware
- the ship is now listing to port
- adjective satellite pathetically lacking in force or effectiveness
- a feeble excuse
- a lame argument
- adjective satellite lacking strength or vigor
- damning with faint praise
- faint resistance
- feeble efforts
- a feeble voice
- adjective satellite resistant to guidance or discipline
obstinate; perverse; contrary.
- Mary Mary quite contrary
- an obstinate child with a violent temper
- a perverse mood
- wayward behavior
- adjective satellite definite but not specified or identified
- set aside a certain sum each week
- to a certain degree
- certain breeds do not make good pets
- certain members have not paid their dues
- a certain popular teacher
- a certain Mrs. Jones
- adjective having or feeling no doubt or uncertainty; confident and assured
- felt certain of success
- was sure (or certain) she had seen it
- was very sure in his beliefs
- sure of her friends
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!