skimmings: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by skimmings & Words describing skimmings
- noun a cleansing agent made from the salts of vegetable or animal fats
- noun money offered as a bribe
- adjective satellite separated in relationship by a given degree of descent
- a cousin once removed
- verb remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, or taking off, or remove something abstract
withdraw; take away; take; remove.
- remove a threat
- remove a wrapper
- Remove the dirty dishes from the table
- take the gun from your pocket
- This machine withdraws heat from the environment
- noun a bluish-white lustrous metallic element; brittle at ordinary temperatures but malleable when heated; used in a wide variety of alloys and in galvanizing iron; it occurs naturally as zinc sulphide in zinc blende
atomic number 30; Zn.
- verb coat or cover with zinc
Taverners until them told the same. Piers Plowman.
He roused himself full blithe, and hastened them until. Spenser.
- noun metal or earthenware cooking vessel that is usually round and deep; often has a handle and lid
- noun a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
throne; toilet; commode; crapper; stool; potty; can.
- noun the state or fact of existing
- a point of view gradually coming into being
- laws in existence for centuries
- noun a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently
- adjective refined and tasteful in appearance or behavior or style
- elegant handwriting
- an elegant dark suit
- she was elegant to her fingertips
- small churches with elegant white spires
- an elegant mathematical solution--simple and precise and lucid
- adjective satellite suggesting taste, ease, and wealth
- verb include or contain; have as a component
- A totally new idea is comprised in this paper
- The record contains many old songs from the 1930's
- verb contain or hold; have within
carry; hold; bear.
- The jar carries wine
- The canteen holds fresh water
- This can contains water
- noun a soft greasy substance occurring in organic tissue and consisting of a mixture of lipids (mostly triglycerides)
- pizza has too much fat
- noun a kind of body tissue containing stored fat that serves as a source of energy; it also cushions and insulates vital organs
fatty tissue; adipose tissue.
- fatty tissue protected them from the severe cold
- noun 1/60 of a minute; the basic unit of time adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
- noun an indefinitely short time
moment; bit; mo; minute.
- wait just a moment
- in a mo
- it only takes a minute
- in just a bit
- noun the upper part of anything
- the mower cuts off the tops of the grass
- the title should be written at the top of the first page
- noun the highest or uppermost side of anything
upside; upper side; top side.
- put your books on top of the desk
- only the top side of the box was painted
- noun an advantage held by a competitor in a race
- he took the lead at the last turn
- noun a soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element; bluish white when freshly cut but tarnishes readily to dull grey
Pb; atomic number 82.
- the children were playing with lead soldiers
- adjective satellite recurring again and again
- perennial efforts to stipulate the requirements
- verb to say, state, or perform again
reiterate; repeat; ingeminate; retell; restate; iterate.
- She kept reiterating her request
- noun the first or highest in an ordering or series
- He wanted to be the first
- noun the first element in a countable series
number 1; number one.
- the first of the month
- noun the temporal end; the concluding time
finish; finis; finale; close; stopping point; conclusion.
- the stopping point of each round was signaled by a bell
- the market was up at the finish
- they were playing better at the close of the season
- noun the last or lowest in an ordering or series
- he was the last to leave
- he finished an inglorious last
- adjective satellite precisely as stated
- the very center of town
- adjective satellite being the exact same one; not any other:
- this is the identical room we stayed in before
- the themes of his stories are one and the same
- saw the selfsame quotation in two newspapers
- on this very spot
- the very thing he said yesterday
- the very man I want to see
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!