sermonize: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by sermonize & Words describing sermonize
Jacob saw the angels of God come against him. Tyndale.
Our host upon his stirrups stood anon. Chaucer.
Thou shalt take of the blood that is upon the altar. Ex. xxix. 21.
The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. Judg. xvi. 9.
As I did stand my watch upon the hill. Shak.
He made a great difference between people that did rebel upon wantonness, and them that did rebel upon want. Bacon.
This advantage we lost upon the invention of firearms. Addison.
Upon the whole, it will be necessary to avoid that perpetual repetition of the same epithets which we find in Homer. Pope.
He had abandoned the frontiers, retiring upon Glasgow. Sir. W. Scott.
Philip swore upon the Evangelists to abstain from aggression in my absence. Landor.
- noun (cricket) the division of play during which six balls are bowled at the batsman by one player from the other team from the same end of the pitch
- adjective satellite having come or been brought to a conclusion
concluded; terminated; complete; ended; all over.
- the harvesting was complete
- the affair is over, ended, finished
- the abruptly terminated interview
- adjective satellite precisely as stated
- the very center of town
- adjective satellite being the exact same one; not any other:
- this is the identical room we stayed in before
- the themes of his stories are one and the same
- saw the selfsame quotation in two newspapers
- on this very spot
- the very thing he said yesterday
- the very man I want to see
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!