seem: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by seem & Words describing seem
- noun a specialist in the care of babies
baby doctor; pediatrician; paediatrician.
- noun the federal department responsible for maintaining a national energy policy of the United States; created in 1977
Energy Department; Department of Energy; Energy.
- noun mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'
- adjective satellite caused to show discomposure
- refused to be fazed by the objections
- verb disturb the composure of
faze; unsettle; enervate; unnerve.
- noun (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Virgo
- noun a large zodiacal constellation on the equator; between Leo and Libra
- adjective not capable of being surmounted or overcome
- insurmountable disadvantages
- adjective satellite impossible to surmount
- noun a football play is changed orally after both teams have assumed their positions at the line of scrimmage
- adjective heard or perceptible by the ear
- he spoke in an audible whisper
- adjective satellite contrary to what common sense would suggest
- noun an uproarious party
- noun the syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization
oversubtleSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun common black European thrush
Turdus merula; merle; merl; ousel; European blackbird; blackbird.
- adjective satellite not arousing affect
- noun small chimpanzee of swamp forests in Zaire; a threatened species
Pan paniscus; pygmy chimpanzee.
- adverb to a degree or in a manner that daunts
- dauntingly difficult
- adverb so as to arouse or deserve laughter
ridiculously; preposterously; ludicrously.
- her income was laughably small, but she managed to live well
- noun all the plant and animal life of a particular region
- adjective satellite dressed or clothed especially in fine attire; often used in combination
garmented; habilimented; dressed; attired; garbed; robed.
- the elegantly attired gentleman
- neatly dressed workers
- monks garbed in hooded robes
- went about oddly garmented
- professors robed in crimson
- tuxedo-attired gentlemen
- crimson-robed Harvard professors
- verb provide with clothes or put clothes on
enclothe; garment; fit out; garb; raiment; apparel; habilitate; dress; tog; clothe.
- Parents must feed and dress their child
- adjective not by design or artifice; unforced and impromptu
- an air of unstudied spontaneous utterance is apt to be painstakingly achieved
- simple unstudied charm
- adjective of or relating to postmodernism
- postmodernist architecture
- adverb in a manner that jars and irritates
- the piano was jarringly out of tune
- noun an intellectual; a very studious and academic person
- in spite of her love of reading she denied being an egghead
- adjective satellite highly imaginative but unlikely
- a farfetched excuse
- an implausible explanation
- noun the capability of conscious choice and decision and intention
- the exercise of their volition we construe as revolt"- George Meredith
- noun a fixed and persistent intent or purpose
- where there's a will there's a way
hellbentSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
abducteesSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite excessively eager
- overeager in his pursuit of the girl
- noun surveillance of some place or some person by the police (as in anticipation of a crime)
- noun a padded cloth covering to keep a teapot warm
tea cosy; tea cozy; cosy.
- adjective satellite enjoying or affording comforting warmth and shelter especially in a small space
- a cozy nook near the fire
- snug in bed
- a snug little apartment
- noun a Cretan who lived in the bronze-age culture of Crete about 3000-1100 BC
- adjective of or relating to or characteristic of the Bronze Age culture of Crete
- the Minoan palace at Knossos
- adjective satellite discouraging through fear
- verb make timid or fearful
- Her boss intimidates her
relativistsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective of or relating to a sudden change from an impressive to a ludicrous style
- adjective coming after the climax especially of a dramatic or narrative plot
- everything after the discovery of the murderer was anticlimactic
- noun a man who is very old
old man; greybeard; Methuselah.
truisticSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a person who believes in the equality of all people
- adjective satellite favoring social equality
- a classless society
- adjective satellite having a feeling of home; cozy and comfortable
homelike; homy; homely.
- the homely everyday atmosphere
- a homey little inn
- adjective of or concerned with the philosophical theory of literature known as deconstructionism
- deconstructionist criticism
- noun any rational or irrational number
- noun the basic unit of money in Brazil; equal to 100 centavos
- noun a ghost that announces its presence with rapping and the creation of disorder
overelaborateSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a person given to excessive complaints and crying and whining
squawker; moaner; sniveller; crybaby; whiner; grumbler; bellyacher.
- adjective satellite improperly forward or bold
saucy; impudent; wise; impertinent; fresh; sassy; smart.
- don't be fresh with me
- impertinent of a child to lecture a grownup
- an impudent boy given to insulting strangers
- Don't get wise with me!
- noun a specialist in phonology
apparelledSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun someone who puts text into appropriate form for publication
redact; rewriter; reviser; rewrite man.
- adjective satellite exhibiting native good judgment
- arrive home at a reasonable hour
- commonsense scholarship on the foibles of a genius
- unlearned and commonsensical countryfolk were capable of solving problems that beset the more sophisticated
creationistsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an inhabitant of Singapore
- adjective of or relating to the island nation of Singapore and its people
- Singaporean rubber
- adverb in an outlandish manner
- the Bavarian was outlandishly dressed in lederhosen
- noun a native or inhabitant of Uganda
- adjective of or relating to or characteristic of Uganda or its people
- Ugandan game parks
- adjective satellite rude and boorish
- adjective satellite having a bad disposition; surly
- churlish as a bear"- Shakespeare
- noun someone who writes their own biography
- adverb not easy to believe
incredibly; improbably; unbelievably.
- behind you the coastal hills plunge to the incredibly blue sea backed by the Turkish mountains
- noun extinct robust human of Middle Paleolithic in Europe and western Asia
Homo sapiens neanderthalensis; Neanderthal man; Neandertal; Neandertal man.
- adjective satellite ill-mannered and coarse and contemptible in behavior or appearance
boorish; loutish; neandertal; oafish; swinish.
- was boorish and insensitive
- the loutish manners of a bully
- her stupid oafish husband
- aristocratic contempt for the swinish multitude
- adjective satellite not clear to the understanding
- I didn't grasp the meaning of that enigmatic comment until much later
- prophetic texts so enigmatic that their meaning has been disputed for centuries
- verb be a mystery or bewildering to
mystify; perplex; bewilder; get; beat; puzzle; pose; amaze; vex; baffle; flummox; stick; stupefy; gravel; nonplus; dumbfound.
- This beats me!
- Got me--I don't know the answer!
- a vexing problem
- This question really stuck me
- noun large long-armed ape of Borneo and Sumatra having arboreal habits
orangutang; Pongo pygmaeus; orangutan.
- adjective satellite lacking cordiality; unfriendly
- a standoffish manner
- noun encouragement; aiding the development of something
- noun helping someone grow up to be an accepted member of the community
fostering; upbringing; bringing up; rearing; nurture; breeding; raising.
- they debated whether nature or nurture was more important
- adverb in an unattractive manner
- she was unattractively dressed last night
- noun all the animal life in a particular region or period
- the fauna of China
- the zoology of the Pliocene epoch
- noun a living organism characterized by voluntary movement
animate being; brute; beast; animal; creature.
- adjective satellite shining intensely
dazzling; blazing; fulgent; glary; glaring.
- the blazing sun
- blinding headlights
- dazzling snow
- fulgent patterns of sunlight
- the glaring sun
- verb render unable to see
liberationistsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite (informal) small and of little importance
little; petty; footling; niggling; trivial; piddling; fiddling; picayune; lilliputian.
- a fiddling sum of money
- a footling gesture
- our worries are lilliputian compared with those of countries that are at war
- a little (or small) matter
- a dispute over niggling details
- limited to petty enterprises
- piffling efforts
- giving a police officer a free meal may be against the law, but it seems to be a picayune infraction
- verb speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly
prate; chatter; tattle; piffle; gabble; blab; gibber; clack; tittle-tattle; prattle; maunder; palaver; blabber; twaddle.
- noun someone who reasons logically
- adjective satellite serving no useful purpose; having no excuse for being
pointless; senseless; purposeless; wasted; superfluous.
- otiose lines in a play
- advice is wasted words
- a pointless remark
- a life essentially purposeless
- senseless violence
- adjective satellite producing no result or effect
ineffectual; unavailing; futile.
- a futile effort
- the therapy was ineffectual
- an otiose undertaking
- an unavailing attempt
- noun a lexicographer who specializes in etymology
- adverb in an unalterable and unchangeable manner
unchangeably; unalterably; immutably.
- his views were unchangeably fixed
- noun a person of French nationality
French person; Frenchman.
- adjective satellite discouraging through fear
- verb cause to lose courage
scare away; scare off; frighten off; dash; pall; daunt; scare; frighten away.
- dashed by the refusal
- noun intelligent somewhat arboreal ape of equatorial African forests
Pan troglodytes; chimpanzee.
- adjective having a quality that provokes disbelief
- gave the teacher an implausible excuse
- adjective satellite highly imaginative but unlikely
- a farfetched excuse
- an implausible explanation
- noun the author of a worshipful or idealizing biography
unfazedSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun someone in love with themselves
- adjective satellite not special in any way
run-of-the-mine; mine run; run-of-the-mill.
- run-of-the-mill boxing
- your run-of-the-mine college graduate
- a unexceptional an incident as can be found in a lawyer's career
- noun thorny Eurasian shrub of small tree having dense clusters of white to scarlet flowers followed by deep red berries; established as an escape in eastern North America
English hawthorn; Crataegus oxycantha; whitethorn; Crataegus laevigata.
- noun the month following April and preceding June
- adjective lacking in sympathy or feeling
- noun someone with a sociopathic personality; a person with an antisocial personality disorder (`psychopath' was once widely used but has now been superseded by `sociopath')
gimmickySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a person who testifies or gives a deposition
- adjective capable of being surmounted or overcome
- situations of measurable and surmountable danger
- adjective satellite capable of being surmounted
- noun someone who studies the evidence for such psychological phenomena as psychokinesis and telepathy and clairvoyance
- adverb in an unpleasant or menacing manner
- it was forbiddingly dark in the corridor
- adjective given to examining own sensory and perceptual experiences
- adjective satellite discouraging by hindering
- verb hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of
thwart; bilk; cross; frustrate; baffle; foil; spoil; queer; scotch.
- What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge
- foil your opponent
- noun a person who creates models
- adjective satellite (spoken slang) unfashionable and boring
- noun an advocate of libertarianism
- noun someone who believes the doctrine of free will
- adjective satellite excessively fond
superheroesSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite impossible to achieve
unattainable; unrealizable; undoable.
- an unattainable goal
- noun the quality of being improbable
- impossibility should never be confused with improbability
- the improbability of such rare coincidences
oversimpleSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an astronomer who studies the evolution and space-time relations of the universe
- adjective satellite provoking fear terror
shivery; shuddery; chilling; scarey.
- a scary movie
- the most terrible and shuddery...tales of murder and revenge
- noun a producer of motion pictures
film maker; film producer; movie maker.
- adjective satellite effusively or insincerely emotional
sentimental; schmalzy; bathetic; mushy; soppy; kitschy; slushy; soupy; maudlin; schmaltzy; mawkish; drippy.
- a bathetic novel
- maudlin expressions of sympathy
- mushy effusiveness
- a schmaltzy song
- sentimental soap operas
- slushy poetry
- adjective satellite artificially formal
contrived; stilted; artificial.
- that artificial humility that her husband hated
- contrived coyness
- a stilted letter of acknowledgment
- when people try to correct their speech they develop a stilted pronunciation
- noun an advocate of Darwinism
- adjective of or relating to Charles Darwin's theory of organic evolution
- Darwinian theories
- adjective satellite showing malicious ill will and a desire to hurt; motivated by spite
- a despiteful fiend
- a truly spiteful child
- a vindictive man will look for occasions for resentment
- adjective showing regard for others in manners, speech, behavior, etc.
- adjective satellite marked by refinement in taste and manners
civilised; cultured; civilized; genteel; cultivated.
- cultivated speech
- cultured Bostonians
- cultured tastes
- a genteel old lady
- polite society
- adverb in an overly sweet manner
- noun a person who keeps and updates a blog
- adjective not likely to arouse controversy
- noun art characterized by an incongruous mixture of parts of humans and animals interwoven with plants
- adjective satellite distorted and unnatural in shape or size; abnormal and hideous
- tales of grotesque serpents eight fathoms long that churned the seas
- twisted into monstrous shapes
- adjective satellite not feeling or expressing gratitude
- unappreciative of nature's bounty
- noun a person who lives and works on land
- noun an inexperienced sailor; a sailor on the first voyage
- adverb in a manner to cause worry
- noun a person (who should be a doctor) who terminates pregnancies
- adjective satellite intentionally unaccommodating
- the action was not offensive to him but proved somewhat disobliging
- verb to cause inconvenience or discomfort to
disoblige; bother; inconvenience; incommode; discommode; trouble; put out.
- Sorry to trouble you, but...
prehistoriansSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective not causing surprise
- adverb in a superficial manner
- he was superficially interested
- adjective satellite of an inappropriate or misapplied nature
out of place.
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!