sawbones: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by sawbones & Words describing sawbones
- adjective satellite expletives used informally as intensifiers
darned; goddamned; goddam; goddamn; blessed; blamed; blame; infernal; damn; deuced; damned.
- he's a blasted idiot
- it's a blamed shame
- a blame cold winter
- not a blessed dime
- I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing
- he's a damn (or goddam or goddamned) fool
- a deuced idiot
- an infernal nuisance
- verb make a strident sound
- She tended to blast when speaking into a microphone
- noun a recognition of meritorious service
- noun a written statement of facts submitted in conjunction with a petition to an authority
- noun past times (especially in the phrase `in days of old')
- adjective (used especially of persons) having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age
- his mother is very old
- a ripe old age
- how old are you?
- verb be worthy or deserving
- You deserve a promotion after all the hard work you have done
- noun public transport consisting of a bus or train that stops at all stations or stops
- the local seemed to take forever to get to New York
- noun anesthetic that numbs a particular area of the body
local anaesthetic; topical anesthetic; local anesthetic; topical anaesthetic.
- noun a circular segment of a curve
twist; crook; bend.
- a bend in the road
- a crook in the path
- noun the act of changing or reversing the direction of the course
- he took a turn to the right
- noun a person who holds Ph.D. degree (or the equivalent) from an academic institution
- she is a doctor of philosophy in physics
- noun a licensed medical practitioner
MD; medico; physician; doc; doctor.
- I felt so bad I went to see my doctor
- noun any immature animal
- noun United States film and television actress (1913-2000)
- noun a permanent organization of the military land forces of a nation or state
ground forces; regular army.
- noun a large number of people united for some specific purpose
- noun a politically organized body of people under a single government
commonwealth; land; res publica; nation; state; body politic.
- the state has elected a new president
- African nations
- students who had come to the nation's capitol
- the country's largest manufacturer
- an industrialized land
- noun the territory occupied by a nation
- he returned to the land of his birth
- he visited several European countries
- adjective satellite any of various alternatives; some other
- put it off to another (or some other) day
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!