revisited: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by revisited & Words describing revisited
- noun a satirical novel written by Samuel Butler (1872) describing a fictitious land
The shaft the wheel, the wheel, the trendle turns. Sylvester.
- noun a worker who inserts and hammers rivets
- noun a machine for driving rivets
rivetter; riveting machine.
- adverb in a sporadic manner
- he only works sporadically
- noun an animal trainer who tames wild animals
- adjective satellite flat and uninspiring
- adverb in a regular manner
on a regular basis.
- letters arrived regularly from his children
- adverb having a regular form
- regularly shaped objects
- noun a belief in and reverence for devils (especially Satan)
- adjective satellite improved or corrected by critical editing
- the emended text
- verb prepare for publication or presentation by correcting, revising, or adapting
- Edit a book on lexical semantics
- she edited the letters of the politician so as to omit the most personal passages
hellenizationSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adverb from first to last
- the play was excellent end-to-end
- adverb used to refer to cited works
- noun one or more recordings issued together; originally released on 12-inch phonograph records (usually with attractive record covers) and later on cassette audiotape and compact disc
- noun a book of blank pages with pockets or envelopes; for organizing photographs or stamp collections etc
- noun a request by the manufacturer of a defective product to return the product (as for replacement or repair)
- noun a call to return
- the recall of our ambassador
- noun a hilly county in southwestern England
- noun ubiquitous strong-scented mat-forming Eurasian herb of wasteland, hedgerow or pasture having narrow serrate leaves and small usually white florets; widely naturalized in North America
milfoil; Achillea millefolium.
- noun the quality of being impossible to investigate
- the inscrutability of the future
astoriaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a broad highway designed for high-speed traffic
motorway; thruway; pike; freeway; throughway; state highway; expressway.
- noun an extensive electronic network (such as the internet) used for the rapid transfer of sound and video and graphics in digital form
- adverb several time
- it must be washed repeatedly
- noun a card with words or numbers or pictures that is flashed to a class by the teacher
- adjective satellite coming at a subsequent time or stage
- without ulterior argument
- the mood posterior to
- adjective at or toward an end or late period or stage of development
- the late phase of feudalism
- a later symptom of the disease
- later medical science could have saved the child
- noun the ideology of the political left; belief in or support of the tenets of the political left
- noun an island in the south Pacific; the most important island in French Polynesia; made famous by Robert Louis Stevenson and Paul Gauguin
- noun a political orientation originating in the 1960s; blends liberal political views with an emphasis on economic growth
- noun English author of satirical novels (1903-1966)
Evelyn Waugh; Evelyn Arthur Saint John Waugh.
- noun any dangerous departure from the teachings of Marx
- noun a moderate evolutionary form of Marxism
- adverb without missing a year
yearly; each year; every year.
- they travel to China annually
- adverb by the year; every year (usually with reference to a sum of money paid or received)
each year; p.a.; per year; per annum.
- he earned $100,000 per annum
- we issue six volumes per annum
- noun the political orientation of those who favor progress toward better conditions in government and society
- adverb for a short time
- she visited him briefly
- was briefly associated with IBM
- adverb in a concise manner; in a few words
in brief; shortly; concisely; in short.
- the history is summed up concisely in this book
- she replied briefly
- briefly, we have a problem
- to put it shortly
- noun profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger
swearing; swearword; cuss; curse; oath; curse word.
- expletives were deleted
- noun a word or phrase conveying no independent meaning but added to fill out a sentence or metrical line
evelynSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the property of being close together
- adverb anew
once more; once again; over again.
- she tried again
- they rehearsed the scene again
- noun a division of the United Kingdom
- noun an ancient Greek city on the western shore of Asia Minor in what is now Turkey; site of the Temple of Artemis; was a major trading center and played an important role in early Christianity
- noun the third ecumenical council in 431 which declared Mary as mother of God and condemned Pelagius
Council of Ephesus.
- noun (Greek mythology) goddess of wisdom and useful arts and prudent warfare; guardian of Athens; identified with Roman Minerva
Pallas Athene; Pallas; Athene; Pallas Athena.
- noun one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; located on the northern part of the island of Great Britain; famous for bagpipes and plaids and kilts
- noun a dwarf in one of the fairy stories of the brothers Grimm; tells a woman he will not hold her to a promise if she can guess his name and when she discovers it he is so furious that he destroys himself
- adverb many times at short intervals
oftentimes; often; oft; ofttimes.
- we often met over a cup of coffee
- adjective satellite given or giving freely
liberal; giving; big; openhanded; freehanded; bighearted; bounteous; handsome.
- was a big tipper
- the bounteous goodness of God
- bountiful compliments
- a freehanded host
- a handsome allowance
- Saturday's child is loving and giving
- a liberal backer of the arts
- a munificent gift
- her fond and openhanded grandfather
- adjective satellite producing in abundance
- the bountiful earth
- a plentiful year
- fruitful soil
- adverb again but in a new or different way
- start afresh
- wanted to write the story anew
- starting life anew in a fresh place
- noun Italian writer of novels and short stories (born in Cuba) (1923-1987)
- adverb in or to a place that is lower
beneath; to a lower place; at a lower place.
- adverb at a later place
- see below
- noun the subject matter of a conversation or discussion
- he didn't want to discuss that subject
- it was a very sensitive topic
- his letters were always on the theme of love
- noun a unifying idea that is a recurrent element in literary or artistic work
- it was the usual `boy gets girl' theme
- noun toothless mammal of southern Africa and Asia having a body covered with horny scales and a long snout for feeding on ants and termites
scaly anteater; anteater.
- noun a republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula; was the core of the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire between the 4th century BC and the 5th century AD
Italia; Italian Republic.
- noun the quality or customs or mannerisms characteristic of Asian civilizations
- orientalisms can be found in Mozart's operas
- noun the scholarly knowledge of Asian cultures and languages and people
- adjective satellite (used with count nouns) of an indefinite number more than 2 or 3 but not many
- several letters came in the mail
- several people were injured in the accident
- adjective satellite considered individually
- the respective club members
- specialists in their several fields
- the various reports all agreed
- noun concern for your own interests and welfare
self-centeredness; self-interest; egoism; self-concern.
- noun the present location; this place
- where do we go from here?
- noun queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology; sister and wife of Zeus remembered for her jealously of the many mortal women Zeus fell in love with; identified with Roman Juno
- noun habitual relapse into crime
- noun the provincial capital of Veneto; built on 118 islands within a lagoon in the Gulf of Venice; has canals instead of streets; one of Italy's major ports and a famous tourist attraction
- noun an avatar of Vishnu
Jagannatha; Jagganath; Juggernaut.
- noun an area where everything is visible
- noun a circular prison with cells distributed around a central surveillance station; proposed by Jeremy Bentham in 1791
- adverb in the recent past
late; latterly; of late; lately.
- he was in Paris recently
- lately the rules have been enforced
- as late as yesterday she was fine
- feeling better of late
- the spelling was first affected, but latterly the meaning also
- noun (philosophy) a doctrine explaining phenomena by their ends or purposes
- noun a republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1921
Eire; Republic of Ireland; Irish Republic.
- noun an island comprising the republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
Hibernia; Emerald Isle.
- noun an enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals can be kept
- noun something that restricts freedom as a cage restricts movement
- adverb for a short time
- he was at the airport shortly before she was expected to arrive
- adverb in the near future
before long; soon; presently.
- the doctor will soon be here
- the book will appear shortly
- she will arrive presently
- we should have news before long
- noun the chief city of ancient Mesopotamia and capital of the ancient kingdom of Babylonia
- adjective satellite (comparative and superlative of `early') more early than; most early
- a fashion popular in earlier times
- his earlier work reflects the influence of his teacher
- Verdi's earliest and most raucous opera
- adjective at or near the beginning of a period of time or course of events or before the usual or expected time
- early morning
- an early warning
- early diagnosis
- an early death
- took early retirement
- an early spring
- early varieties of peas and tomatoes mature before most standard varieties
- noun a potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry
stilboestrol; DES; stilbestrol; diethylstilboestrol.
soyinkaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the 2nd smallest continent (actually a vast peninsula of Eurasia); the British use `Europe' to refer to all of the continent except the British Isles
- noun an international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members
European Community; EC; European Economic Community; Common Market; EU; European Union; EEC.
- he tried to take Britain into the Europen Union
pathogenicitySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective a quantifier that can be used with count nouns and is often preceded by `as' or `too' or `so' or `that'; amounting to a large but indefinite number
- many temptations
- the temptations are many
- a good many
- a great many
- many directions
- take as many apples as you like
- too many clouds to see
- never saw so many people
Dr. Burnet observes, that every thought is attended with conssciousness and representativeness. Spectator.
- noun the piece of land on which something is located (or is to be located)
- a good site for the school
- noun physical position in relation to the surroundings
- the sites are determined by highly specific sequences of nucleotides
- noun the administration of a strong electric current that passes through the brain to induce convulsions and coma
electroshock therapy; ECT; electroconvulsive therapy.
- noun an island in the Mediterranean; with adjacent islets it constitutes a region of France
- noun a region of France on the island of Corsica; birthplace of Napoleon Bonaparte
- noun a village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin); seat of Irish kings until 6th century
- adverb on one occasion
one time; in one case.
- once I ran into her
- adverb as soon as
- once we are home, we can rest
audiSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the capital and largest city of the Czech Republic in the western part of the country; a cultural and commercial center since the 14th century
Praha; Czech capital; Prag.
- noun an exceptional interest in and admiration for yourself
- self-love that shut out everyone else
- noun the place where some action occurs
- the police returned to the scene of the crime
- noun an incident (real or imaginary)
- their parting was a sad scene
marburgSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a nation occupying the whole of the Australian continent; Aboriginal tribes are thought to have migrated from southeastern Asia 20,000 years ago; first Europeans were British convicts sent there as a penal colony
Commonwealth of Australia.
- noun the smallest continent; between the South Pacific and the Indian Ocean
- noun entrenchment consisting of an additional interior fortification to prolong the defense
- noun the reduction of expenditures in order to become financially stable
- noun a port and tourist center in southwestern Italy; capital of the Campania region
Other Delilahs on a smaller scale Burns met with during his Dumfries sojourn. J. C. Shairp.
- noun an act that exploits or victimizes someone (treats them unfairly)
exploitation; victimisation; victimization.
- capitalistic exploitation of the working class
- paying Blacks less and charging them more is a form of victimization
- verb put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose
employ; apply; use; utilize; utilise.
- use your head!
- we only use Spanish at home
- I can't use this tool
- Apply a magnetic field here
- This thinking was applied to many projects
- How do you utilize this tool?
- I apply this rule to get good results
- use the plastic bags to store the food
- He doesn't know how to use a computer
contextualizationSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an area within a building enclosed by walls and floor and ceiling
- the rooms were very small but they had a nice view
- noun space for movement
elbow room; way.
- room to pass
- make way for
- hardly enough elbow room to turn around
- noun United States writer (1914-1986)
- noun the capital and largest city of Austria; located on the Danube in northeastern Austria; was the home of Beethoven and Brahms and Haydn and Mozart and Schubert and Strauss
capital of Austria; Austrian capital.
- noun a large galleon sailed in the Mediterranean as a merchantman
- noun the Italian region on the island of Sicily
- noun the largest island in the Mediterranean
- noun an organization of people (or countries) involved in a pact or treaty
alinement; alliance; coalition.
- noun the spatial property possessed by an arrangement or position of things in a straight line or in parallel lines
- noun a communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea; achieved independence from France in 1945
Annam; Viet Nam; Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
- noun a prolonged war (1954-1975) between the communist armies of North Vietnam who were supported by the Chinese and the armies of South Vietnam who were supported by the United States
- noun a monetary standard under which the basic unit of currency is defined by stated amounts of two metals (usually gold and silver) with values set at a predetermined ratio
- noun United States economist (born in Russia) who developed a method for using a country's gross national product to estimate its economic growth (1901-1985)
- noun a subdivision of a written work; usually numbered and titled
- he read a chapter every night before falling asleep
- noun any distinct period in history or in a person's life
- the industrial revolution opened a new chapter in British history
- the divorce was an ugly chapter in their relationship
- noun the study of methods of improving genetic qualities by selective breeding (especially as applied to human mating)
- noun a republic in central Europe; split into East Germany and West Germany after World War II and reunited in 1990
Deutschland; FRG; Federal Republic of Germany.
- noun according to legend, an island in the Atlantic Ocean that Plato said was swallowed by an earthquake
- noun a republic in northeastern Africa known as the United Arab Republic until 1971; site of an ancient civilization that flourished from 2600 to 30 BC
Arab Republic of Egypt; United Arab Republic.
- noun an ancient empire to the west of Israel; centered on the Nile River and ruled by a Pharaoh; figured in many events described in the Old Testament
- noun any of various tailless stout-bodied amphibians with long hind limbs for leaping; semiaquatic and terrestrial species
batrachian; salientian; anuran; toad frog; frog.
- noun a person attached to the household of a high official (as a pope or bishop) who renders service in return for support
- noun a friend who is frequently in the company of another
comrade; fellow; associate; companion.
- drinking companions
- comrades in arms
- noun discrimination against middle-aged and elderly people
- noun North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; achieved independence in 1776
USA; the States; U.S.A.; U.S.; United States; US; United States of America.
- noun North America and South America and Central America
- noun United States author (born 1932)
John Hoyer Updike; John Updike.
chathamSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!