Devices Everyone Loved this Christmas
reconsidered: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by reconsidered & Words describing reconsidered
maenadismSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a person who diets
- noun evangelism at a distance by the use of television
- adverb again but in a new or different way
- start afresh
- wanted to write the story anew
- starting life anew in a fresh place
- noun changing something from state to private ownership or control
privatization; privatisation; denationalisation.
- noun the act of determining the properties of something, usually by research or calculation
- the determination of molecular structures
- noun the quality of being determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
- his determination showed in his every movement
- he is a man of purpose
- noun a teacher and prophet born in Bethlehem and active in Nazareth; his life and sermons form the basis for Christianity (circa 4 BC - AD 29)
Christ; the Nazarene; Jesus of Nazareth; Good Shepherd; Jesus; Saviour; Savior; Deliverer; Jesus Christ.
- noun someone who redeems or buys back (promissory notes or merchandise or commercial paper etc.)
- adverb in a sporadic manner
- he only works sporadically
- adjective satellite improved or corrected by critical editing
- the emended text
- verb prepare for publication or presentation by correcting, revising, or adapting
- Edit a book on lexical semantics
- she edited the letters of the politician so as to omit the most personal passages
- noun an advocate of strict observance of ritualistic forms
- noun a social anthropologist who is expert on rites and ceremonies
- noun a strong feeling or emotion
- noun the trait of being intensely emotional
- noun the quality or customs or mannerisms characteristic of Asian civilizations
- orientalisms can be found in Mozart's operas
- noun the scholarly knowledge of Asian cultures and languages and people
- adverb in a critical manner
- this must be examined critically
artemisionSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adverb again but in a new or different way
- start afresh
- wanted to write the story anew
- starting life anew in a fresh place
- noun the property of being analytic
marcoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an evolutionary trend to be born earlier so that development is cut off at an earlier stage and juvenile characteristics are retained in adults of the species
- adjective satellite coming at a subsequent time or stage
- without ulterior argument
- the mood posterior to
- adjective at or toward an end or late period or stage of development
- the late phase of feudalism
- a later symptom of the disease
- later medical science could have saved the child
Now choose yourself whether that you liketh. Chaucer.
One day in doubt I cast for to compare Whether in beauties' glory did exceed. Spenser.
Whether of them twain did the will of his father? Matt. xxi. 31.
- adverb on one occasion
one time; in one case.
- once I ran into her
- adverb as soon as
- once we are home, we can rest
- noun Russian composer best known for his fifteen symphonies (1906-1975)
Dmitri Dmitrievich Shostakovich; Dmitri Shostakovich.
- adverb taking care or paying attention
- they watched carefully
- adverb as if with kid gloves; with caution or prudence or tact
- she ventured cautiously downstairs
- they handled the incident with kid gloves
- noun an assertion of a right (as to money or property)
- his claim asked for damages
- noun an assertion that something is true or factual
- his claim that he was innocent
- evidence contradicted the government's claims
survivabilitySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adverb on the inside
- inside, the car is a mess
- noun a form of social organization in which a female is the family head and title is traced through the female line
- noun the present location; this place
- where do we go from here?
- noun queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology; sister and wife of Zeus remembered for her jealously of the many mortal women Zeus fell in love with; identified with Roman Juno
foxfireSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun decision making by a group (especially in a manner that discourages creativity or individual responsibility)
- adverb in or to a place that is lower
beneath; to a lower place; at a lower place.
- adverb at a later place
- see below
Here nothing breeds unless the nightly owl. Shak.
- noun French painter noted for his realistic depiction of everyday scenes (1819-1877)
- adverb without missing a year
yearly; each year; every year.
- they travel to China annually
- adverb by the year; every year (usually with reference to a sum of money paid or received)
each year; p.a.; per year; per annum.
- he earned $100,000 per annum
- we issue six volumes per annum
- noun a strong-smelling plant from whose dried leaves a number of euphoriant and hallucinogenic drugs are prepared
ganja; Cannabis sativa; marijuana.
- noun the most commonly used illicit drug; considered a soft drug, it consists of the dried leaves of the hemp plant; smoked or chewed for euphoric effect
ganja; cannabis; marijuana.
- adverb for a short time
- she visited him briefly
- was briefly associated with IBM
- adverb in a concise manner; in a few words
in brief; shortly; concisely; in short.
- the history is summed up concisely in this book
- she replied briefly
- briefly, we have a problem
- to put it shortly
- noun a member of the Fabian Society in Britain
- adjective of or relating to Fabianism
- the Fabian society
- adverb anew
once more; once again; over again.
- she tried again
- they rehearsed the scene again
- noun the practice of plundering in gangs
- noun (Greek mythology) a king who created a statue of a woman and fell in love with it; Aphrodite brought the sculpture to life as Galatea
- noun the present time or age
- the world of today
- today we have computers
- noun the day that includes the present moment (as opposed to yesterday or tomorrow)
- Today is beautiful
- did you see today's newspaper?
- noun the policy of perpetuating native cultures (in opposition to acculturation)
- noun (philosophy) the philosophical theory that some ideas are innate
- adjective satellite located below or beneath something else
- nether garments
- the under parts of a machine
- adjective satellite lower in rank, power, or authority
- an under secretary
- noun British sculptor (1902-1975)
Dame Barbara Hepworth; Barbara Hepworth.
- noun the act of making up your mind about something
- the burden of decision was his
- he drew his conclusions quickly
- noun a position or opinion or judgment reached after consideration
- a decision unfavorable to the opposition
- his conclusion took the evidence into account
- satisfied with the panel's determination
- adverb earlier in time; previously
- I had known her before
- as I said before
- he called me the day before but your call had come even earlier
- her parents had died four years earlier
- I mentioned that problem earlier
- adverb at or in the front
in front; ahead.
- I see the lights of a town ahead
- the road ahead is foggy
- staring straight ahead
- we couldn't see over the heads of the people in front
- with the cross of Jesus marching on before
- noun a feature (as a pronunciation or expression or custom) that is characteristic of a particular region
- noun a foreign policy that defines the international interests of a country in terms of particular geographic areas
- noun the act of someone who picks up or takes something
- the pickings were easy
- clothing could be had for the taking
- verb carry out
- take action
- take steps
- take vengeance
- noun the condition of being a child without living parents
- his early orphanage shaped his character as an adult
- noun a public institution for the care of orphans
More wise, more learned, more just, more everything. Pope.
frazierSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adverb in a serious manner
in earnest; earnestly.
- talking earnestly with his son
- she started studying snakes in earnest
- a play dealing seriously with the question of divorce
- adverb to a severe or serious degree
gravely; badly; severely.
- fingers so badly frozen they had to be amputated
- badly injured
- a severely impaired heart
- is gravely ill
- was seriously ill
- noun the interpretation of every word in the sacred texts as literal truth
- adverb in the recent past
late; latterly; of late; lately.
- he was in Paris recently
- lately the rules have been enforced
- as late as yesterday she was fine
- feeling better of late
- the spelling was first affected, but latterly the meaning also
- noun the quality of being one of a kind
- that singularity distinguished him from all his companions
- noun an act that exploits or victimizes someone (treats them unfairly)
exploitation; victimisation; victimization.
- capitalistic exploitation of the working class
- paying Blacks less and charging them more is a form of victimization
- verb put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose
employ; apply; use; utilize; utilise.
- use your head!
- we only use Spanish at home
- I can't use this tool
- Apply a magnetic field here
- This thinking was applied to many projects
- How do you utilize this tool?
- I apply this rule to get good results
- use the plastic bags to store the food
- He doesn't know how to use a computer
- noun an economic theory holding that variations in unemployment and the rate of inflation are usually caused by changes in the supply of money
- noun (law) the findings of a jury on issues of fact submitted to it for decision; can be used in formulating a judgment
finding of fact.
- noun formal and explicit approval
indorsement; countenance; endorsement; imprimatur; warrant.
- a Democrat usually gets the union's endorsement
- noun a mechanism of social control for enforcing a society's standards
- adjective satellite (comparative and superlative of `early') more early than; most early
- a fashion popular in earlier times
- his earlier work reflects the influence of his teacher
- Verdi's earliest and most raucous opera
- adjective at or near the beginning of a period of time or course of events or before the usual or expected time
- early morning
- an early warning
- early diagnosis
- an early death
- took early retirement
- an early spring
- early varieties of peas and tomatoes mature before most standard varieties
urbanismSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun that which is deserved or owed
- give the devil his due
- noun a payment that is due (e.g., as the price of membership)
- the society dropped him for non-payment of dues
- noun showing characteristics of both sexes
- noun sexual activity with both men and women
- adjective satellite having a base
- firmly based ice
- verb use as a basis for; found on
found; base; establish; ground.
- base a claim on some observation
- noun the quality of being individual
- so absorbed by the movement that she lost all sense of individuality
- noun a belief in the importance of the individual and the virtue of self-reliance and personal independence
- adverb (sentence connectors) because of the reason given
- consequently, he didn't do it
- continued to have severe headaches and accordingly returned to the doctor
- adverb in accordance with
- she acted accordingly
tokenismSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a vaguely specified concern
- several matters to attend to
- it is none of your affair
- things are going well
- noun some situation or event that is thought about
topic; issue; subject.
- he kept drifting off the topic
- he had been thinking about the subject for several years
- it is a matter for the police
- noun love of or taste for fine objects of art
- noun artistic quality
- adverb from first to last
- the play was excellent end-to-end
- adverb used to refer to cited works
Taverners until them told the same. Piers Plowman.
He roused himself full blithe, and hastened them until. Spenser.
- adjective satellite (followed by `to') in agreement with or accordant with
- according to instructions
- verb go together
accord; fit in; concord; consort; harmonise; harmonize; agree.
- The colors don't harmonize
- Their ideas concorded
- noun someone who lends money at excessive rates of interest
moneylender; loan shark; usurer.
- noun a merciless usurer in a play by Shakespeare
- noun the head of a religious order; in an abbey the prior is next below the abbot
- adjective satellite earlier in time
- noun an outsider who seeks power or success presumptuously
- after the Civil War the carpetbaggers from the north tried to take over the south
- adverb happening at a time subsequent to a reference time
after; later; later on; subsequently; afterward.
- he apologized subsequently
- he's going to the store but he'll be back here later
- it didn't happen until afterward
- two hours after that
rosenzweigSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an act of narration
- he was the hero according to his own relation
- his endless recounting of the incident eventually became unbearable
- noun informing by words
- adverb with a forward motion
- we drove along admiring the view
- the horse trotted along at a steady pace
- the circus traveled on to the next city
- move along
- march on
- adverb in accompaniment or as a companion
- his little sister came along to the movies
- I brought my camera along
- working along with his father
- noun a policy for establishing and developing a national homeland for Jews in Palestine
- noun a movement of world Jewry that arose late in the 19th century with the aim of creating a Jewish state in Palestine
- adverb for a short time
- he was at the airport shortly before she was expected to arrive
- adverb in the near future
before long; soon; presently.
- the doctor will soon be here
- the book will appear shortly
- she will arrive presently
- we should have news before long
- noun a party of guests wearing costumes and masks
masque; mask; masquerade party.
- noun a costume worn as a disguise at a masquerade party
fancy dress; masquerade costume.
- adjective satellite having finished or arrived at completion
done; through with.
- certain to make history before he's done
- it's a done deed
- after the treatment, the patient is through except for follow-up
- almost through with his studies
- adjective satellite (of a route or journey etc.) continuing without requiring stops or changes
- a through street
- a through bus
- through traffic
- noun the doctrine that several different cultures (rather than one national culture) can coexist peacefully and equitably in a single country
- noun the act of departing
going away; departure; leaving.
- noun euphemistic expressions for death
loss; departure; exit; expiration; release; passing.
- thousands mourned his passing
- noun a member of a former political party in the United States that favored a strong centralized federal government
- noun an advocate of federalism
- noun a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty
thought; persuasion; sentiment; view.
- my opinion differs from yours
- I am not of your persuasion
- what are your thoughts on Haiti?
- noun a message expressing a belief about something; the expression of a belief that is held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof
- his opinions appeared frequently on the editorial page
- noun mental infirmity as a consequence of old age; sometimes shown by foolish infatuations
dotage; second childhood.
- noun the state of being senile
- noun a group of followers or enthusiasts
- noun the act of pursuing in an effort to overtake or capture
pursual; pursuit; chase.
- the culprit started to run and the cop took off in pursuit
- noun an attack by dropping bombs
- noun the use of bombs for sabotage; a tactic frequently used by terrorists
- noun the momentary present
- Now is a good time to do it
- it worked up to right now
- adverb in the historical present; at this point in the narration of a series of past events
- President Kennedy now calls in the National Guard
- Washington now decides to cross the Delaware
- the ship is now listing to port
- noun education of men and women in the same institutions
- noun an assumption that is taken for granted
- verb cause to have, in the abstract sense or physical sense
- She gave him a black eye
- The draft gave me a cold
- noun patron saint of Wales (circa 520-600)
Saint David; St. David.
- noun French neoclassical painter who actively supported the French Revolution (1748-1825)
Jacques Louis David.
- noun any doctrine emphasizing the importance of the context in solving problems or establishing the meaning of terms
- adjective a quantifier that can be used with count nouns and is often preceded by `as' or `too' or `so' or `that'; amounting to a large but indefinite number
- many temptations
- the temptations are many
- a good many
- a great many
- many directions
- take as many apples as you like
- too many clouds to see
- never saw so many people
- noun financial aid provided to a student on the basis of academic merit
- noun profound scholarly knowledge
eruditeness; encyclopaedism; learnedness; learning; erudition; encyclopedism.
- adverb without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening
straightaway; forthwith; like a shot; at once; straight off; directly; right away; now; instantly.
- he answered immediately
- found an answer straightaway
- an official accused of dishonesty should be suspended forthwith
- Come here now!
- adverb near or close by
- he passed immediately behind her
- noun mental deterioration of organic or functional origin
- adjective satellite (used with count nouns) of an indefinite number more than 2 or 3 but not many
- several letters came in the mail
- several people were injured in the accident
- adjective satellite considered individually
- the respective club members
- specialists in their several fields
- the various reports all agreed
- adjective satellite (used of count nouns) every one considered individually
- each person is mortal
- each party is welcome
- adverb to or from every one of two or more (considered individually)
from each one; for each one; to each one; apiece.
- they received $10 each
- noun United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914)
Alfred Thayer Mahan.
Without the gate Some drive the cars, and some the coursers rein. Dryden.
- noun the parturition process in human beings; having a baby; the process of giving birth to a child
childbirth; vaginal birth; accouchement.
- adjective relating to or suitable for childbirth
- of childbearing age
- noun a statement that is emphatic and explicit (spoken or written)
- noun (law) unsworn statement that can be admitted in evidence in a legal transaction
- his declaration of innocence
- noun the property of using one hand more than the other
- adjective satellite (used with count nouns) two considered together; the two
- both girls are pretty
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!