outflank: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by outflank & Words describing outflank
- adverb with ease (`easy' is sometimes used informally for `easily')
- she was easily excited
- was easily confused
- he won easily
- this china breaks very easily
- success came too easy
- adverb without question
- easily the best book she's written
caenSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adverb by that means or because of that
- He knocked over the red wine, thereby ruining the table cloth
- noun a card game in which cards face up on the table are taken with eligible cards in the hand
- adverb to a complete degree or to the full or entire extent (`whole' is often used informally for `wholly')
all; whole; wholly; altogether; entirely; totally.
- he was wholly convinced
- entirely satisfied with the meal
- it was completely different from what we expected
- was completely at fault
- a totally new situation
- the directions were all wrong
- it was not altogether her fault
- an altogether new approach
- a whole new idea
- adverb so as to be complete; with everything necessary
- he had filled out the form completely
- the apartment was completely furnished
- noun German field marshal noted for brilliant generalship in North Africa during World War II (1891-1944)
Erwin Rommel; Desert Fox.
- adverb with success; in a successful manner
- she performed the surgery successfully
- noun Confederate general in the American Civil War; led the Confederate troops in the West (1807-1891)
Joseph Eggleston Johnston; J. E. Johnston.
- noun an aromatic gum resin obtained from various Arabian or East African trees; formerly valued for worship and for embalming and fumigation
frankincense; gum olibanum; olibanum.
- adverb (used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or reason or as a result
hence; so; therefore; thence.
- therefore X must be true
- the eggs were fresh and hence satisfactory
- we were young and thence optimistic
- it is late and thus we must go
- the witness is biased and so cannot be trusted
- noun the side of something that is sheltered from the wind
leeward; lee side.
- noun United States filmmaker whose works explore the richness of black culture in America (born in 1957)
Spike Lee; Shelton Jackson Lee.
- adverb and nothing more
but; merely; only; just.
- I was merely asking
- it is simply a matter of time
- just a scratch
- he was only a child
- hopes that last but a moment
- adverb absolutely
- I just can't take it anymore
- he was just grand as Romeo
- it's simply beautiful!
- noun the contestant you hope to defeat
rival; contender; competition; challenger.
- he had respect for his rivals
- he wanted to know what the competition was doing
- adverb in an effective manner
- these are real problems that can be dealt with most effectively by rational discussion
- adverb in actuality or reality or fact
- she is effectively his wife
- in effect, they had no choice
- noun the capital of South Korea and the largest city of Asia; located in northwestern South Korea
capital of South Korea.
- adverb at all times; all the time and on every occasion
- I will always be there to help you
- always arrives on time
- there is always some pollution in the air
- ever hoping to strike it rich
- ever busy
- adverb without variation or change, in every case
- constantly kind and gracious
- he always arrives on time
- noun made of fermented honey and water
- noun United States anthropologist noted for her claims about adolescence and sexual behavior in Polynesian cultures (1901-1978)
- adverb in the near future
before long; shortly; presently.
- the doctor will soon be here
- the book will appear shortly
- she will arrive presently
- we should have news before long
- noun an international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security
North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- noun the momentary present
- Now is a good time to do it
- it worked up to right now
- adverb in the historical present; at this point in the narration of a series of past events
- President Kennedy now calls in the National Guard
- Washington now decides to cross the Delaware
- the ship is now listing to port
- noun an instance of boastful talk
crow; vaporing; crowing; bragging; line-shooting; gasconade.
- his brag is worse than his fight
- whenever he won we were exposed to his gasconade
- verb show off
blow; boast; gasconade; gas; tout; swash; bluster; shoot a line; vaunt.
mcclellanSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite (used with count nouns) two considered together; the two
- both girls are pretty
- noun the latter part of the day (the period of decreasing daylight from late afternoon until nightfall)
eventide; evening; eve.
- he enjoyed the evening light across the lake
- verb make level or straight
even out; level; flush.
- level the ground
- adjective located at a great distance in time or space or degree
- we come from a far country
- far corners of the earth
- the far future
- a far journey
- the far side of the road
- far from the truth
- far in the future
- noun a terrorist organization that seeks to overthrow the government dominated by Tutsi and to institute Hutu control again
Army for the Liberation of Rwanda; Interahamwe; ALIR; Former Armed Forces.
- in 1999 ALIR guerrillas kidnapped and killed eight foreign tourists
- noun a city of central European Russia; formerly capital of both the Soviet Union and Soviet Russia; since 1991 the capital of the Russian Federation
capital of the Russian Federation; Russian capital.
- noun an instance or single occasion for some event
- this time he succeeded
- he called four times
- he could do ten at a clip
- noun a period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something
- take time to smell the roses
- I didn't have time to finish
- it took more than half my time
- noun a gambling card game of Spanish origin; 3 or 4 cards are dealt face up and players bet that one of them will be matched before the others as the cards are dealt from the pack one at a time
three-card monte; four-card monte.
- noun a deep hole or shaft dug or drilled to obtain water or oil or gas or brine
- noun a cavity or vessel used to contain liquid
- noun large gallinaceous bird with fan-shaped tail; widely domesticated for food
- noun a Eurasian republic in Asia Minor and the Balkans; on the collapse of the Ottoman Empire in 1918, the Young Turks, led by Kemal Ataturk, established a republic in 1923
Republic of Turkey.
- noun an opposing military force
- the enemy attacked at dawn
- noun an armed adversary (especially a member of an opposing military force)
foeman; opposition; foe.
- a soldier must be prepared to kill his enemies
- noun British general and statesman; he defeated Napoleon at Waterloo; subsequently served as Prime Minister (1769-1852)
First Duke of Wellington; Iron Duke; Duke of Wellington; Arthur Wellesley.
- noun the capital of New Zealand
capital of New Zealand.
- adjective satellite (used of count nouns) every one considered individually
- each person is mortal
- each party is welcome
- adverb to or from every one of two or more (considered individually)
from each one; for each one; to each one; apiece.
- they received $10 each
- adjective satellite relevant and appropriate
- he asks questions that are germane and central to the issue
Malborough anticipated the day when he would be servilely flattered and courted by Cæsar on one side and by Louis the Great on the other. Macaulay.
- noun high quality porcelain originally made only in China
- noun a communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia; the most populous country in the world
Cathay; PRC; Communist China; mainland China; Red China; People's Republic of China.
- noun a rectangular piece of pastry with thin flaky layers and filled with custard cream
- noun French general who became emperor of the French (1769-1821)
Little Corporal; Bonaparte; Napoleon I; Napoleon Bonaparte.
- noun the action of opposing something that you disapprove or disagree with
- he encountered a general feeling of resistance from many citizens
- despite opposition from the newspapers he went ahead
- noun the relation between opposed entities
- noun a social class comprising those who do manual labor or work for wages
working class; proletariat; labor.
- there is a shortage of skilled labor in this field
- noun concluding state of pregnancy; from the onset of contractions to the birth of a child
travail; lying-in; childbed; labor; parturiency; confinement.
- she was in labor for six hours
- noun the capital of the United States in the District of Columbia and a tourist mecca; George Washington commissioned Charles L'Enfant to lay out the city in 1791
Washington D.C.; American capital; capital of the United States.
- noun a state in northwestern United States on the Pacific
Evergreen State; WA.
- noun English film actress who later became a member of British Parliament (born in 1936)
- noun United States singer who began singing with his four brothers and later became a highly successful star during the 1980s (born in 1958)
Michael Joe Jackson; Michael Jackson.
- noun a republic in western Europe; the largest country wholly in Europe
- noun French writer of sophisticated novels and short stories (1844-1924)
Jacques Anatole Francois Thibault; Anatole France.
- noun European herb somewhat resembling celery widely naturalized in Britain coastal regions and often cultivated as a potherb
Smyrnium olusatrum; Alexanders; black lovage; horse parsley.
- noun king of Macedon; conqueror of Greece and Egypt and Persia; founder of Alexandria (356-323 BC)
Alexander the Great.
- noun a sandwich made from a western omelet
- noun a film about life in the western United States during the period of exploration and development
- noun the 2nd smallest continent (actually a vast peninsula of Eurasia); the British use `Europe' to refer to all of the continent except the British Isles
- noun an international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members
European Community; EC; European Economic Community; Common Market; EU; European Union; EEC.
- he tried to take Britain into the Europen Union
- noun a monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland; `Great Britain' is often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom
U.K.; Great Britain; UK; United Kingdom; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- noun a republic in central Europe; split into East Germany and West Germany after World War II and reunited in 1990
Deutschland; FRG; Federal Republic of Germany.
- noun the head of the Roman Catholic Church
Roman Catholic Pope; pontiff; Catholic Pope; Vicar of Christ; Holy Father; Bishop of Rome.
- noun English poet and satirist (1688-1744)
- noun the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
ace; I; unity; 1; single.
- he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it
- they had lunch at one
- noun a single person or thing
- he is the best one
- this is the one I ordered
- noun an elected governmental council in a communist country (especially one that is a member of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics)
- adjective of or relating to or characteristic of the former Soviet Union or its people
- Soviet leaders
- noun a general officer of the highest rank
- noun the head of a religious order or congregation
- adjective satellite of so extreme a degree or extent
- such weeping
- so much weeping
- such a help
- such grief
- never dreamed of such beauty
- adverb to so extreme a degree
- he is such a baby
- Such rich people!
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!