occurs: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by occurs & Words describing occurs
- adjective of or relating to a disease (or anything resembling a disease) constantly present to greater or lesser extent in a particular locality
- diseases endemic to the tropics
- endemic malaria
- food shortages and starvation are endemic in certain parts of the world
- noun an airplane that can land on or take off from water
- the designer of marine aircraft demonstrated his newest hydroplane
- noun a speedboat that is equipped with winglike structures that lift it so that it skims the water at high speeds
- the museum houses a replica of the jet hydroplane that broke the record
- adjective following a meal (especially dinner)
- his postprandial cigar
- took a postprandial walk
- noun darkness resulting from the extinction of lights (as in a city invisible to enemy aircraft)
- adjective relating to the stage in the development of a disease before the symptoms are observed
- noun a situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible
dead end; impasse; standstill; stalemate.
- reached an impasse on the negotiations
- adjective of or relating to or occurring during the period just before menstruation
- noun entry of foreign matter into a blood vessel
- adjective of or relating to interstices
- noun the increase in activity of the adrenal glands just before puberty
- adjective occurring immediately after birth
- postnatal development
- noun diminution of swelling; the subsidence of anything swollen
- adverb in an episodic manner
- adjective reactive or functioning or allowing movement in two usually opposite directions
- adverb occurring within the predicate phrase
- predicatively used adjectives
- adverb in spots
- noun (American football) a play in which the opposing team has kicked the football into your end zone
- adverb in a gregarious manner
- noun meiosis in which there is a failure of paired homologous chromosomes to separate; results in an abnormal number of chromosomes in the daughter cells
- adjective satellite being present everywhere at once
- noun the presence of a virus in the blood stream
- viremia spread the smallpox virus to the internal organs
- adjective satellite having spots or patches (small areas of contrasting color or texture)
- a field patched with ice and snow
- the wall had a spotty speckled effect
- a black-and-white spotted cow
- adjective satellite lacking consistency
- the golfer hit the ball well but his putting was spotty
- noun asexual reproduction by multiple fission; characteristic of many sporozoan protozoans
- adverb at night
- nocturnally active bird
- noun an unintended electric discharge (as over or around an insulator)
- adverb in a sporadic manner
- he only works sporadically
presynapticallySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
autoinfectionSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective of a function or curve; possessing one or more discontinuities
- adjective not continuing without interruption in time or space
- discontinuous applause
- the landscape was a discontinuous mosaic of fields and forest areas
- he received a somewhat haphazard and discontinuous schooling
- adjective occurring or existing before birth
- the prenatal period
- antenatal care
- adjective (digital communication) pertaining to a transmission technique that does not require a common clock between the communicating devices; timing signals are derived from special characters in the data stream itself
- adjective not synchronous; not occurring or existing at the same time or having the same period or phase
reassortmentSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective consisting of elements that are not of the same kind or nature
- the population of the United States is vast and heterogeneous
- adjective originating outside the body
- noun the presence of a virus in the blood stream
- viremia spread the smallpox virus to the internal organs
- adverb in a focal manner
- the submucosa was focally infiltrated
- noun organic process consisting of the division of the cytoplasm of a cell following karyokinesis bringing about the separation into two daughter cells
- noun an event or situation that happens at the same time as or in connection with another
attendant; accompaniment; co-occurrence.
- adjective satellite following or accompanying as a consequence
accompanying; incidental; consequent; attendant; resultant; sequent; ensuant.
- an excessive growth of bureaucracy, with attendant problems
- snags incidental to the changeover in management
- attendant circumstances
- the period of tension and consequent need for military preparedness
- the ensuant response to his appeal
- the resultant savings were considerable
- noun the development of nerve tissues
- adverb in a preferential manner
- he was treated preferentially
- adverb not often
- we rarely met
- adverb in synchrony; in a synchronous manner
- in four-chambered hearts, the two auricles move synchronously
- noun one whose behavior departs substantially from the norm of a group
- adjective satellite markedly different from an accepted norm
- aberrant behavior
- deviant ideas
- noun the formation of blood cells in the living body (especially in the bone marrow)
hematopoiesis; hemogenesis; hemopoiesis; hematogenesis; haemopoiesis; sanguification; haemogenesis; haematogenesis.
- adverb in an obligatory manner
- this rule applies obligatorily
- adverb in a manner that cannot be evaded
- the ministry considers that contributions to such a fund should be met from voluntary donations rather than from rates compulsorily levied.
- adverb in a vacuous manner
- noun increase in the number of monocytes in the blood; symptom of monocytic leukemia
- adjective satellite causing cohesion
- a cohesive agent
- adjective satellite cohering or tending to cohere; well integrated
- a cohesive organization
- adjective satellite very close or connected in space or time
- contiguous events
- immediate contact
- the immediate vicinity
- the immediate past
- adjective satellite connecting without a break; within a common boundary
- the 48 conterminous states
- the contiguous 48 states
- noun the contraction of two vowels into a diphthong
- noun the separation of liquid from a gel that is caused by contraction (as in cheese making)
- adverb in an erratic unpredictable manner
- economic changes are proceeding erratically
- noun a device (as a decorative loop of cord or fabric) for holding or drawing something back
- the draperies were drawn to the sides by pullbacks
- noun (military) the act of pulling back (especially an orderly withdrawal of troops)
- the pullback is expected to be over 25,000 troops
adiabaticallySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an economic condition that results in the elimination of marginally financed participants in an industry
- they glutted the market in order to cause a shakeout of their competitors
- noun a small number (of something) dispersed haphazardly
- the first scatterings of green
- a sprinkling of grey at his temples
- noun the physical process in which particles are deflected haphazardly as a result of collisions
- noun an edge tool for cutting grass or crops; has a curved blade and a short handle
reaping hook; reap hook.
- verb be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance
dominate; prevail; reign; rule.
- Money reigns supreme here
- Hispanics predominate in this neighborhood
- verb appear very large or occupy a commanding position
tower; loom; hulk.
- The huge sculpture predominates over the fountain
- Large shadows loomed on the canyon wall
- adverb with the involvement of two parties or governments
- they worked out an agreement bilaterally
- adverb so as to involve two sides or parts
- noun a breakdown of a cell layer in the epidermis (as in pemphigus)
- adjective likely to change frequently often without apparent or cogent reason; variable
- inconstant affections
- an inconstant lover
- swear not by...the inconstant moon"- Shakespeare
- noun an instance of sudden interruption
- noun a stage area out of sight of the audience
- adjective situated or taking place in the area of a stage not visible to the audience
- offstage noises
- adverb for a very short time
- these three pions may actually be joined together transiently as a compound particle during the interchange process
- noun (American football) a play in which one player hands the ball to a teammate
- adverb in a reversible manner
- reversibly convertible
- noun abatement of a fever as indicated by a reduction in body temperature
oftenestSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
refreezingSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective recurring in cycles
underflowSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite increasing gradually by regular degrees or additions
- lecturers enjoy...steady incremental growth in salary
- noun the side by side pairing of homologous maternal and paternal chromosomes at the start of meiosis
- adverb in a repetitive manner
- this type of border display is used repetitively in advertising
aliasingSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective of or belonging to or active during the day
- diurnal animals are active during the day
- diurnal flowers are open during the day and closed at night
- diurnal and nocturnal offices
- adjective satellite having a daily cycle or occurring every day
- diurnal rotation of the heavens
- noun anemia resulting from eating fava beans; victims have an inherited blood abnormality and enzyme deficiency
- adverb not many times
- in your 1850 church you not infrequently find a dramatic contrast between the sumptuous appointments of the building itself and the inhuman barrack-like living conditions in the church room
- noun young of any of various canines such as a dog or wolf
- noun an inexperienced young person
- adverb without any delay
in a flash; outright; instantly.
- he was killed outright
- noun the amount of something (as whiskey or oil) lost in storage or transportation
- noun a temporary suspension of operation (as of computers)
- there will be a network outage from 8 to 10 a.m.
- adverb happening at the same time
lasingSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adverb in a reflex manner
- such effects can be induced reflexly
envenomationSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adverb in a spontaneous manner
- this shift occurs spontaneously
- adverb without advance preparation
ad libitum; ad lib; impromptu.
- he spoke ad lib
- noun the abnormal development of male sexual characteristics in a female (usually as the result of hormone therapies or adrenal malfunction)
masculinization; masculinisation; virilisation.
- adverb with unfortunate consequences
- catastrophically complex
- adverb in a manner that is reproducible
- noun infection that occurs while you are being treated for another infection
- adverb in an attributive manner
- the genitive noun is used attributively
decompensationSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adverb in an isotropic manner
- noun a premature systole resulting in a momentary cardiac arrhythmia
- adverb after the operation
- remove postoperatively
- noun a closure of the larynx that blocks the passage of air to the lungs
- adverb all similarly
- the students at this college are homogeneously middle-class
- noun (linguistics) any of various acoustically different forms of the same phoneme
- adverb by stochastic means
- we estimated the answer stochastically
- noun discharge from the external ear
- adjective satellite most frequent or common
rife; dominant; predominant; prevailing.
- prevailing winds
- noun decision making by a group (especially in a manner that discourages creativity or individual responsibility)
- adjective satellite under the level of the ground
- belowground storage areas
- underground caverns
- adjective satellite underneath the ground
- most of his friends are now belowground
- adverb in a coordinated manner
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!