jonathan: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by jonathan & Words describing jonathan
wacksSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an arranger who writes for orchestras
- noun the person or thing that is rejected or set aside as inferior in quality
- verb remove something that has been rejected
- cull the sick members of the herd
- noun a neurobiologist who specializes in the study of the brain
- noun a quick throw
- he gave the ball a shy to the first baseman
- verb start suddenly, as from fright
- noun a humorist who uses ridicule and irony and sarcasm
- noun a son of your niece or nephew
- noun the first Hindu calendar month (corresponding to March in the Gregorian calendar)
- noun a metric unit of length equal to 1000 meters (or 0.621371 miles)
kilometre; kilometer; km.
- noun a United States bandmaster and composer of military marches (1854-1932)
March King; John Philip Sousa.
- noun a person excessively concerned about propriety and decorum
- noun British dramatist (born in Czechoslovakia in 1937)
Thomas Straussler; Sir Tom Stoppard; Tom Stoppard.
- noun a boy who leads the animals that draw a plow
barthesSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun someone who is learned in theology or who speculates about theology
theologizer; theologiser; theologist.
maccabaeusSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation; qualified to expound and apply Jewish law
- noun a Hebrew title of respect for a Jewish scholar or teacher
- noun the hard cylindrical core that bears the kernels of an ear of corn
- noun a member of the clergy and a spiritual leader of the Christian Church
clergyman; man of the cloth.
- noun a title of respect for a clergyman
- verb moderate or restrain; lessen the force of
- He bated his breath when talking about this affair
- capable of bating his enthusiasm
- verb flap the wings wildly or frantically; used of falcons
- noun a journalist who writes editorials
maccabeusSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a preacher of the Christian gospel
evangelist; gospeller; gospeler.
- noun a person who uses scientific knowledge to solve practical problems
applied scientist; engineer.
- noun an athlete who has earned a letter in a school sport
- noun someone who writes screenplays
- noun a weak chirping sound as of a small bird
- verb make a weak, chirping sound
- the small bird was tweeting in the tree
- noun crisp apple with dark red skin
- noun a mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity
clapper; lingua; glossa.
- noun a human written or spoken language used by a community; opposed to e.g. a computer language
- noun (biology) a scientist who studies living organisms
hasbrouckSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a professional performer who tells jokes and performs comical acts
- noun an actor in a comedy
- noun a reflex that expels gas noisily from the stomach through the mouth
burping; eructation; belching; burp.
- verb expel gas from the stomach
bubble; burp; eruct.
- In China it is polite to burp at the table
- noun someone who broadcasts on radio or television
- noun a mechanical device for scattering something (seed or fertilizer or sand etc.) in all directions
- noun small Old World songbird with a reddish breast
robin redbreast; Erithacus rubecola; Old World robin; redbreast.
- noun large American thrush having a rust-red breast and abdomen
American robin; Turdus migratorius.
- noun a social scientist who specializes in anthropology
- noun American Revolutionary leader (born in Ireland) who was a member of the Constitutional Convention (1745-1806)
- noun a city of northeastern New Jersey
aitkenSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a male with the same parents as someone else
- my brother still lives with our parents
- noun a male person who is a fellow member (of a fraternity or religion or other group)
- none of his brothers would betray him
- noun the hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees
- noun the trees and other plants in a large densely wooded area
- noun a writer for newspapers and magazines
- noun someone who keeps a diary or journal
diarist; diary keeper.
cowderySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
messrsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the trait of showing courage and determination in spite of possible loss or injury
- noun the act of pulling and releasing a taut cord
- noun the brother of your father or mother; the husband of your aunt
- noun a source of help and advice and encouragement
- he played uncle to lonely students
- noun American Revolutionary leader who as governor of Connecticut provided supplies for the Continental Army (1710-1785)
- noun American painter of historical scenes (1756-1843)
- noun (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
plenty; great deal; pot; sight; flock; mint; mountain; deal; wad; muckle; pile; lot; mickle; raft; quite a little; passel; hatful; mess; spate; heap; peck; stack; good deal; batch; tidy sum; mass.
- a batch of letters
- a deal of trouble
- a lot of money
- he made a mint on the stock market
- see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos
- it must have cost plenty
- a slew of journalists
- a wad of money
- verb turn sharply; change direction abruptly
swerve; cut; veer; trend; curve; sheer; slue.
- The car cut to the left at the intersection
- The motorbike veered to the right
- noun from fermented juice of black morello cherries
- noun a person who is an authority on history and who studies it and writes about it
- noun a carriage consisting of two wheels and a calash top; drawn by a single horse
- noun someone who theorizes (especially in science or art)
theoretician; theoriser; idealogue; theorizer.
All the ground with purple blood was sprent. Spenser.
- noun a member of the United States House of Representatives
- noun United States sexual physiologist whose hunch that progesterone could block ovulation led to the development of the oral contraceptive pill (1903-1967)
Gregory Goodwin Pincus; Gregory Pincus.
- noun someone who contributes (or promises to contribute) a sum of money
- noun a writer whose work is published in a newspaper or magazine or as part of a book
- noun King of England and Ireland in 1936; his marriage to Wallis Warfield Simpson created a constitutional crisis leading to his abdication (1894-1972)
Edward VIII; Duke of Windsor.
- noun King of England from 1901 to 1910; son of Victoria and Prince Albert; famous for his elegant sporting ways (1841-1910)
Albert Edward; Edward VII.
- noun a city in northwest Indiana on Lake Michigan; steel production
- noun a light medieval helmet with a slit for vision
- adjective satellite saved from the bondage of sin
- verb exchange or buy back for money; under threat
kalbSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun someone who writes an account of a person's life
randalSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a social scientist who studies the institutions and development of human society
- noun a wagon maker
- noun an officer holding a rank below a major but above a lieutenant
- noun the naval officer in command of a military ship
- noun a hardy cabbage with coarse curly leaves that do not form a head
kale; Brassica oleracea acephala; borecole; cole; colewort.
- noun coarse curly-leafed cabbage
- noun a person who is professionally engaged in the analysis and interpretation of works of art
- noun anyone who expresses a reasoned judgment of something
frankelSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a producer of motion pictures
film maker; film producer; movie maker.
- noun the handwear used by fielders in playing baseball
baseball glove; baseball mitt; mitt.
- noun handwear: covers the hand and wrist
- noun a person who holds Ph.D. degree (or the equivalent) from an academic institution
- she is a doctor of philosophy in physics
- noun a licensed medical practitioner
MD; medico; physician; doc; doctor.
- I felt so bad I went to see my doctor
woolerSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a Protestant layman who assists the minister
- noun a cleric ranking just below a priest in Christian churches; one of the Holy Orders
odellSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite indicating the most important performer or role
stellar; leading; prima; star.
- the leading man
- prima ballerina
- prima donna
- a star figure skater
- the starring role
- a stellar role
- a stellar performance
- verb feature as the star
- The movie stars Dustin Hoffman as an autistic man
- verb fall apart
collapse; tumble; break down; crumble.
- the building crumbled after the explosion
- Negotiations broke down
- verb fold or collapse
- His knees buckled
- noun the child of your aunt or uncle
first cousin; cousin-german; full cousin.
- noun (Old Testament) a youth who was taken into the court of Nebuchadnezzar and given divine protection when thrown into a den of lions (6th century BC)
- noun a wise and upright judge
- a Daniel come to judgment" -- Shakespeare
- noun someone employed as an errand boy and luggage carrier around hotels
- noun English natural scientist who formulated a theory of evolution by natural selection (1809-1882)
Charles Robert Darwin; Charles Darwin.
- noun provincial capital of the Northern Territory of Australia
- verb join again
- verb answer back
return; retort; repay; riposte; come back.
akaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
zaneSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the face of a timepiece; graduated to show the hours
- noun the control on a radio or television set that is used for tuning
- noun United States cartoonist who drew intricate diagrams of very complicated and impractical contraptions that accomplished little or nothing (1883-1970)
Reuben Lucius Goldberg; Rube Goldberg.
- noun someone who presents a message of some sort (as a petition or an address or a check or a memorial etc.)
- noun an advocate who presents a person (as for an award or a degree or an introduction etc.)
filleySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an officer holding a rank below a major but above a lieutenant
- noun the naval officer in command of a military ship
In . . . his spence, or "pantry" were hung the carcasses of a sheep or ewe, and two cows lately slaughtered. Sir W. Scott.
Bluff Harry broke into the spence, And turned the cowls adrift. Tennyson.
- noun a person who holds a commissioned rank in the United States Navy or the United States Coast Guard; below lieutenant junior grade
- noun an emblem flown as a symbol of nationality
- verb have sexual intercourse with
love; fuck; sleep with; have it away; screw; have intercourse; get it on; lie with; hump; make love; make out; get laid; have a go at it; eff; have sex; jazz; be intimate; know; have it off; bang; bed; do it; roll in the hay; sleep together.
- This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm
- Adam knew Eve
- Were you ever intimate with this man?
- verb hit hard
whap; bop; sock; whop; bash.
- noun a professional cook
- noun a person who lives and works on land
- verb express gratitude or show appreciation to
- noun a small bird that resembles a swallow and is noted for its rapid flight
- noun United States meat-packer who began the use of refrigerated railroad cars (1839-1903)
Gustavus Franklin Swift.
- noun a tree with limbs cut back to promote a more bushy growth of foliage
- noun a usually horned animal that has either shed its horns or had them removed
- noun a slight push or shake
- verb to push against gently
prod; poke at.
- She nudged my elbow when she saw her friend enter the restaurant
- noun a person or other animal having powers of endurance or perseverance
- the horse that won the race is a good stayer
- noun someone whose occupation is preaching the gospel
preacher man; sermonizer; sermoniser.
- noun someone who forces another to have sexual intercourse
- noun a commissioned military officer in the United States Army or Air Force or Marines who ranks above a lieutenant colonel and below a brigadier general
- noun an associate that one works with
workfellow; fellow worker; co-worker.
- noun a person who is member of one's class or profession
- the surgeon consulted his colleagues
- he sent e-mail to his fellow hackers
- noun United States cartoonist (born in Romania) noted for his caricatures of famous people (1914-1999)
- noun a person who is loyal to their allegiance (especially in times of revolt)
- noun makes decorative wooden panels
- noun United States botanist and agricultural chemist who developed many uses for peanuts and soy beans and sweet potatoes (1864-1943)
George Washington Carver.
- noun a temporary rank held by young naval officers in training
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!