intaglios: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by intaglios & Words describing intaglios
- adjective satellite lacking or showing a lack of due concern
- spoke with blithe ignorance of the true situation
- adjective satellite carefree and happy and lighthearted
light-hearted; lightsome; blithesome; lighthearted.
- was loved for her blithe spirit
- a merry blithesome nature
- her lighthearted nature
- trilling songs with a lightsome heart
- adjective made for or formed by carving (`carven' is archaic or literary)
- the carved fretwork
- an intricately carved door
- stood as if carven from stone
- verb form by carving
- Carve a flower from the ice
- noun a translucent red or orange variety of chalcedony
- adjective satellite cut or impressed into a surface
incised; graven; inscribed; etched.
- an incised design
- engraved invitations
- verb carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface
scratch; inscribe; grave; engrave.
- engrave a pen
- engraved the trophy cupt with the winner's
- the lovers scratched their names into the bark of the tree
- noun an elderly man
old geezer; old-timer; gaffer; oldtimer.
- noun any piece of furniture or decorative object or the like produced in a former period and valuable because of its beauty or rarity
- noun a share of the profits
- everyone got a cut of the earnings
- noun (film) an immediate transition from one shot to the next
- the cut from the accident scene to the hospital seemed too abrupt
- noun art highly prized for its beauty or perfection
- noun a crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry
- he had the gem set in a ring for his wife
- she had jewels made of all the rarest stones
- noun food and lodging provided in addition to money
- they worked for $30 and found
- verb set up or found
establish; set up; launch.
- She set up a literacy program
- noun a typeface used in ancient Roman inscriptions
roman type; roman print; roman letters.
- noun a resident of modern Rome
- noun the state or fact of existing
- a point of view gradually coming into being
- laws in existence for centuries
- noun a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently
- noun a solid formed by the solidification of a chemical and having a highly regular atomic structure
- noun a crystalline element used as a component in various electronic devices
- noun a very old person
- noun a person who lived in ancient times
- noun traditional genre of music conforming to an established form and appealing to critical interest and developed musical taste
classical music; serious music.
- adjective of or relating to the most highly developed stage of an earlier civilisation and its culture
- classic Cinese pottery
- noun a brittle transparent solid with irregular atomic structure
- noun a container for holding liquids while drinking
- adjective delighting the senses or exciting intellectual or emotional admiration
- a beautiful child
- beautiful country
- a beautiful painting
- a beautiful theory
- a beautiful party
- adjective satellite (of weather) highly enjoyable
- what a beautiful day
- noun the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one or a numeral representing this number
II; deuce; 2.
- noun one of the four playing cards in a deck that have two spots
- noun the activity of selecting the scenes to be shown and putting them together to create a film
- noun a part (sometimes a root or leaf or bud) removed from a plant to propagate a new plant through rooting or grafting
- noun the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one
deuce-ace; trio; triplet; tercet; tierce; troika; trey; 3; ternion; trine; ternary; triad; threesome; leash; III; trinity; terzetto.
- noun one of four playing cards in a deck having three pips
- noun money extracted as a penalty
- verb issue a ticket or a fine to as a penalty
- I was fined for parking on the wrong side of the street
- Move your car or else you will be ticketed!
- noun a telephone connection
telephone call; phone call.
- she reported several anonymous calls
- he placed a phone call to London
- he heard the phone ringing but didn't want to take the call
- noun a special disposition (as if from a divine source) to pursue a particular course
- he was disappointed that he had not heard the Call
- noun the slender part of the back
- noun a garment size for a small person
- adjective satellite (used with count nouns) of an indefinite number more than 2 or 3 but not many
- several letters came in the mail
- several people were injured in the accident
- adjective satellite considered individually
- the respective club members
- specialists in their several fields
- the various reports all agreed
- adjective a quantifier that can be used with count nouns and is often preceded by `as' or `too' or `so' or `that'; amounting to a large but indefinite number
- many temptations
- the temptations are many
- a good many
- a great many
- many directions
- take as many apples as you like
- too many clouds to see
- never saw so many people
- noun coins made of gold
- noun a deep yellow color
- an amber light illuminated the room
- he admired the gold of her hair
- adjective satellite (used with count nouns) two considered together; the two
- both girls are pretty
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!