Toys & Games: BestSellers on Amazon
huddles: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by huddles & Words describing huddles
- noun a cooperative unit (especially in sports)
- noun two or more draft animals that work together to pull something
- noun a United States unit of weight equivalent to 2000 pounds
net ton; short ton.
- noun a British unit of weight equivalent to 2240 pounds
long ton; gross ton.
- noun any of various games played with a ball (round or oval) in which two teams try to kick or carry or propel the ball into each other's goal
- noun the inflated oblong ball used in playing American football
- adverb in or to a place that is lower
to a lower place; below; at a lower place.
- adjective closely constrained or constricted or constricting
- tight skirts
- he hated tight starched collars
- fingers closed in a tight fist
- a tight feeling in his chest
- adjective satellite pulled or drawn tight
- taut sails
- a tight drumhead
- a tight rope
- adjective satellite mentally and emotionally stable
- she's really together
- adverb in contact with each other or in proximity
- the leaves stuck together
- noun a sacred place of pilgrimage
sanctum; holy place.
- adjective belonging to or derived from or associated with a divine power
- adverb in the area or vicinity
- a few spectators standing about
- hanging around
- waited around for the next flight
- adverb by a circular or circuitous route
- He came all the way around the base
- the road goes around the pond
- noun a large number of things or people considered together
- a crowd of insects assembled around the flowers
- noun an informal body of friends
bunch; gang; crew.
- he still hangs out with the same crowd
- noun the temporal end; the concluding time
finish; last; finis; finale; stopping point; conclusion.
- the stopping point of each round was signaled by a bell
- the market was up at the finish
- they were playing better at the close of the season
- noun the last section of a communication
closing; ending; end; conclusion.
- in conclusion I want to say...
- noun an attitude of defensiveness (especially in the phrase `on the defensive')
- adjective intended or appropriate for defending against or deterring aggression or attack
- defensive weapons
- a defensive stance
- noun a person who closes something
- whoever is the closer has to turn out the lights and lock up
- noun (baseball) a relief pitcher who can protect a lead in the last inning or two of the game
- noun a newspaper that is published every day
- adjective satellite of or belonging to or occurring every day
day-by-day; day-after-day; day-to-day.
- daily routine
- a daily paper
Jacob saw the angels of God come against him. Tyndale.
- noun a social unit living together
house; household; menage; home.
- he moved his family to Virginia
- It was a good Christian household
- I waited until the whole house was asleep
- the teacher asked how many people made up his home
- noun primary social group; parents and children
- he wanted to have a good job before starting a family
- noun the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
bum; seat; stern; keister; tail end; prat; bottom; rear end; buns; tail; tush; rump; fanny; ass; tooshie; hind end; posterior; hindquarters; butt; nates; rear; arse; buttocks; backside; derriere; can; fundament.
- he deserves a good kick in the butt
- are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?
- adjective satellite having the lower score or lagging position in a contest
- behind by two points
- the 8th inning found the home team trailing
- noun a small amount or duration
- he accepted the little they gave him
- adjective limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent
- a little dining room
- a little house
- a small car
- a little (or small) group
- noun the region that is inside of something
- noun the inner or enclosed surface of something
- noun a small part or portion that remains after the main part no longer exists
- noun a piece of cloth that is left over after the rest has been used or sold
oddment; remainder; end.
- adjective satellite located below or beneath something else
- nether garments
- the under parts of a machine
- adjective satellite lower in rank, power, or authority
- an under secretary
- adjective satellite considered individually
- the respective club members
- specialists in their several fields
- the various reports all agreed
- noun a charge of ammunition for a single shot
one shot; unit of ammunition.
- noun an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs
- the never-ending cycle of the seasons
- noun a community of people smaller than a town
settlement; small town.
- noun a settlement smaller than a town
- verb move towards
go up; come near; draw near; draw close; come on; approach.
- We were approaching our destination
- They are drawing near
- The enemy army came nearer and nearer
- adjective not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances
- near neighbors
- in the near future
- they are near equals
- his nearest approach to success
- a very near thing
- a near hit by the bomb
- she was near tears
- she was close to tears
- had a close call
- noun the slender part of the back
- noun a garment size for a small person
- noun (cricket) the division of play during which six balls are bowled at the batsman by one player from the other team from the same end of the pitch
- adjective satellite having come or been brought to a conclusion
concluded; terminated; complete; ended; all over.
- the harvesting was complete
- the affair is over, ended, finished
- the abruptly terminated interview
- noun a deep prolonged loud noise
roar; roaring; boom.
- noun a booming or crashing noise caused by air expanding along the path of a bolt of lightning
- noun any number of entities (members) considered as a unit
- noun (chemistry) two or more atoms bound together as a single unit and forming part of a molecule
radical; chemical group.
- noun soft fine feathers
- noun (American football) a complete play to advance the football
- you have four downs to gain ten yards
- noun a church congregation guided by a pastor
- noun a group of birds
- noun the region that is outside of something
- noun the outer side or surface of something
- noun something that should remain hidden from others (especially information that is not to be passed on)
- the combination to the safe was a secret
- he tried to keep his drinking a secret
- noun information known only to a special group
- the secret of Cajun cooking
- adjective satellite immediately following in time or order
- the following day
- next in line
- the next president
- the next item on the list
- adjective satellite nearest in space or position; immediately adjoining without intervening space
side by side; adjacent.
- had adjacent rooms
- in the next room
- the person sitting next to me
- our rooms were side by side
- noun the time period between dawn and noon
morning time; forenoon; morn.
- I spent the morning running errands
- noun a conventional expression of greeting or farewell
- adverb in or to a place that is lower
beneath; to a lower place; at a lower place.
- adverb at a later place
- see below
- noun warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrates characterized by feathers and forelimbs modified as wings
- noun the flesh of a bird or fowl (wild or domestic) used as food
- adverb with a forward motion
- we drove along admiring the view
- the horse trotted along at a steady pace
- the circus traveled on to the next city
- move along
- march on
- adverb in accompaniment or as a companion
- his little sister came along to the movies
- I brought my camera along
- working along with his father
- verb do one's shopping at; do business with; be a customer or client of
shop; buy at; patronize; patronise; sponsor; shop at.
- verb be a regular or frequent visitor to a certain place
- She haunts the ballet
But he himself returned from the quarries. Judges iii. 19.
David hid himself in the field. 1 Sam. xx. 24.
The Lord himself shall give you a sign. Is. vii. 14.
Who gave himself for us, that he might . . . purify unto himself a peculiar people. Titus ii. 14.
With shame remembers, while himself was one Of the same herd, himself the same had done. Denham.
It comprehendeth in himself all good. Chaucer.
- noun an enlisted man of the lowest rank in the Army or Marines
common soldier; buck private.
- our prisoner was just a private and knew nothing of value
- adjective confined to particular persons or groups or providing privacy
- a private place
- private discussions
- private lessons
- a private club
- a private secretary
- private property
- the former President is now a private citizen
- public figures struggle to maintain a private life
- adverb earlier in time; previously
- I had known her before
- as I said before
- he called me the day before but your call had come even earlier
- her parents had died four years earlier
- I mentioned that problem earlier
- adverb at or in the front
in front; ahead.
- I see the lights of a town ahead
- the road ahead is foggy
- staring straight ahead
- we couldn't see over the heads of the people in front
- with the cross of Jesus marching on before
- adjective satellite marked by absence of sound
- a silent house
- soundless footsteps on the grass
- the night was still
- adjective satellite failing to speak or communicate etc when expected to
- the witness remained silent
- adverb in the interval
- dancing all the dances with little rest between
- adverb in between
- two houses with a tree between
- adjective satellite eagerly desirous
- anxious to see the new show at the museum
- dying to hear who won
- adjective satellite causing or fraught with or showing anxiety
nervous; queasy; unquiet; uneasy.
- spent an anxious night waiting for the test results
- cast anxious glances behind her
- those nervous moments before takeoff
- an unquiet mind
- adverb on the inside
- inside, the car is a mess
- noun an adult female person (as opposed to a man)
- the woman kept house while the man hunted
- noun a female person who plays a significant role (wife or mistress or girlfriend) in the life of a particular man
- he was faithful to his woman
- noun a youthful male person
- the baby was a boy
- she made the boy brush his teeth every night
- most soldiers are only boys in uniform
- noun a friendly informal reference to a grown man
- he likes to play golf with the boys
- noun the posterior part of a human (or animal) body from the neck to the end of the spine
- his back was nicely tanned
- noun the side that goes last or is not normally seen
- he wrote the date on the back of the photograph
- noun an elaborate and systematic plan of action
- noun the branch of military science dealing with military command and the planning and conduct of a war
Borrowing of foreigners, in itself, makes not the kingdom rich or poor. Locke.
- noun a static photograph (especially one taken from a movie and used for advertising purposes)
- he wanted some stills for a magazine ad
- noun (poetic) tranquil silence
- the still of the night
- noun an abstract idea of that which is due to a person or governmental body by law or tradition or nature; it is something that nobody can take away"
- they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights
- Certain rights can never be granted to the government but must be kept in the hands of the people"- Eleanor Roosevelt
- a right is not something that somebody gives you
- noun location near or direction toward the right side; i.e. the side to the south when a person or object faces east
- he stood on the right
- noun an urban area with a fixed boundary that is smaller than a city
- they drive through town on their way to work
- noun the people living in a municipality smaller than a city
- the whole town cheered the team
- noun (baseball) a failure by a batter or runner to reach a base safely in baseball
- you only get 3 outs per inning
- verb to state openly and publicly one's homosexuality
come out of the closet; come out.
- This actor outed last year
- noun a small pond of standing water
- adjective satellite being nothing more than specified
- a mere child
- noun absence of light or illumination
- noun absence of moral or spiritual values
iniquity; darkness; wickedness.
- the powers of darkness
- adverb at all times; all the time and on every occasion
- I will always be there to help you
- always arrives on time
- there is always some pollution in the air
- ever hoping to strike it rich
- ever busy
- adverb without variation or change, in every case
- constantly kind and gracious
- he always arrives on time
- noun the people who inhabit a territory or state
- the population seemed to be well fed and clothed
- noun a group of organisms of the same species inhabiting a given area
- they hired hunters to keep down the deer population
- noun a separately printed article that originally appeared in a larger publication
- noun a garment that can be purchased separately and worn in combinations with other garments
- noun a young person of either sex
tiddler; nipper; tyke; small fry; nestling; youngster; fry; shaver; tike; minor; kid.
- she writes books for children
- they're just kids
- `tiddler' is a British term for youngster
- noun a human offspring (son or daughter) of any age
- they had three children
- they were able to send their kids to college
- noun a large and densely populated urban area; may include several independent administrative districts
metropolis; urban center.
- Ancient Troy was a great city
- noun an incorporated administrative district established by state charter
- the city raised the tax rate
- noun the phonological or orthographic sound or appearance of a word that can be used to describe or identify something
descriptor; word form; signifier.
- the inflected forms of a word can be represented by a stem and a list of inflections to be attached
- noun a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
sort; kind; variety.
- sculpture is a form of art
- what kinds of desserts are there?
- noun an adult person who is male (as opposed to a woman)
- there were two women and six men on the bus
- noun someone who serves in the armed forces; a member of a military force
military man; serviceman; military personnel.
- two men stood sentry duty
- adverb and nothing more
but; merely; only; just.
- I was merely asking
- it is simply a matter of time
- just a scratch
- he was only a child
- hopes that last but a moment
- adverb absolutely
- I just can't take it anymore
- he was just grand as Romeo
- it's simply beautiful!
- adjective satellite (used with count nouns) of an indefinite number more than 2 or 3 but not many
- several letters came in the mail
- several people were injured in the accident
- adjective satellite considered individually
- the respective club members
- specialists in their several fields
- the various reports all agreed
- noun a diagram or picture illustrating textual material
- the area covered can be seen from Figure 2
- noun alternative names for the body of a human being
form; flesh; soma; frame; physique; material body; anatomy; shape; chassis; build; human body; physical body; bod.
- Leonardo studied the human body
- he has a strong physique
- the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak
- noun a woman who has given birth to a child (also used as a term of address to your mother)
- the mother of three children
- noun a stringy slimy substance consisting of yeast cells and bacteria; forms during fermentation and is added to cider or wine to produce vinegar
- noun the momentary present
- Now is a good time to do it
- it worked up to right now
- adverb in the historical present; at this point in the narration of a series of past events
- President Kennedy now calls in the National Guard
- Washington now decides to cross the Delaware
- the ship is now listing to port
- noun disorder resulting from a failure to behave predictably
- the army retreated in confusion
- noun a mental state characterized by a lack of clear and orderly thought and behavior
disarray; confusedness; mental confusion; muddiness.
- a confusion of impressions
- noun everything that exists anywhere
universe; creation; macrocosm; existence; cosmos.
- they study the evolution of the universe
- the biggest tree in existence
- noun people in general; especially a distinctive group of people with some shared interest
- the Western world
- noun the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one or a numeral representing this number
II; deuce; 2.
- noun one of the four playing cards in a deck that have two spots
- noun a person who has achieved distinction and honor in some field
- he is one of the greats of American music
- adjective satellite relatively large in size or number or extent; larger than others of its kind
- a great juicy steak
- a great multitude
- the great auk
- a great old oak
- a great ocean liner
- a great delay
- noun a telephone connection
telephone call; phone call.
- she reported several anonymous calls
- he placed a phone call to London
- he heard the phone ringing but didn't want to take the call
- noun a special disposition (as if from a divine source) to pursue a particular course
- he was disappointed that he had not heard the Call
- noun a dwelling that serves as living quarters for one or more families
- he has a house on Cape Cod
- she felt she had to get out of the house
- noun the members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments
firm; business firm.
- he worked for a brokerage house
- adjective (comparative of `much' used with mass nouns) a quantifier meaning greater in size or amount or extent or degree
- more land
- more support
- more rain fell
- more than a gallon
- noun English statesman who opposed Henry VIII's divorce from Catherine of Aragon and was imprisoned and beheaded; recalled for his concept of Utopia, the ideal state
Sir Thomas More; Thomas More.
- adjective a quantifier that can be used with count nouns and is often preceded by `as' or `too' or `so' or `that'; amounting to a large but indefinite number
- many temptations
- the temptations are many
- a good many
- a great many
- many directions
- take as many apples as you like
- too many clouds to see
- never saw so many people
- noun the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
ace; I; unity; 1; single.
- he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it
- they had lunch at one
- noun a single person or thing
- he is the best one
- this is the one I ordered
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!