fluoresces: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by fluoresces & Words describing fluoresces
- noun a mineral used as an ore of tungsten
- adverb with brightness
- the stars shone brilliantly
- the windows glowed jewel bright
- noun type genus of the family Pseudomonodaceae
- adverb to a maximal degree
- the cells maximally responsive to lines in this orientation will fire
- noun a synthetic substance that is fluorescent or phosphorescent; used to coat the screens of cathode ray tubes
- adverb with brightness
- the stars shone brilliantly
- the windows glowed jewel bright
- adverb in an extremely intelligent way
- he solved the problem brilliantly
- noun a usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair
- verb color with dye
- Please dye these shoes
- adverb in an intense manner
- he worked intensely
- noun any of the salts of hydrobromic acid; formerly used as a sedative but now generally replaced by safer drugs
- noun a trite or obvious remark
banality; platitude; cliche; commonplace.
- noun green color or pigment; resembling the color of growing grass
- noun a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area
park; commons; common.
- they went for a walk in the park
- noun any of a group of green pigments found in photosynthetic organisms; there are four naturally occurring forms
- noun round yellow to orange fruit of any of several citrus trees
- noun orange color or pigment; any of a range of colors between red and yellow
- noun (physics and chemistry) the simplest structural unit of an element or compound
- noun (nontechnical usage) a tiny piece of anything
speck; particle; atom; corpuscle; mote.
- adverb with strength or in a strong manner
- argues very strongly for his proposal
- he was strongly opposed to the government
- adverb in a powerful manner
- the federal government replaced the powerfully pro-settler Sir Godfrey Huggins with the even tougher and more determined ex-trade unionist
- noun a threadlike strand of DNA in the cell nucleus that carries the genes in a linear order
- humans have 22 chromosome pairs plus two sex chromosomes
- adjective emitting or reflecting light readily or in large amounts
- the sun was bright and hot
- a bright sunlit room
- adjective satellite having striking color
- bright dress
- brilliant tapestries
- a bird with vivid plumage
- noun (biochemistry) a long linear polymer found in the nucleus of a cell and formed from nucleotides and shaped like a double helix; associated with the transmission of genetic information
deoxyribonucleic acid; desoxyribonucleic acid.
- DNA is the king of molecules
- noun yellow color or pigment; the chromatic color resembling the hue of sunflowers or ripe lemons
- verb turn yellow
- The pages of the book began to yellow
- noun a soiled or discolored appearance
- the wine left a dark stain
- noun (microscopy) a dye or other coloring material that is used in microscopy to make structures visible
- adjective satellite lacking bodily or muscular strength or vitality
weak; sapless; feeble; decrepit; infirm; rickety; debile.
- a feeble old woman
- her body looked sapless
- adverb in a weak or feeble manner or to a minor degree
- weakly agreed to a compromise
- wheezed weakly
- he was weakly attracted to her
- noun a whole formed by a union of two or more elements or parts
- noun (chemistry) a substance formed by chemical union of two or more elements or ingredients in definite proportion by weight
- noun a variable color averaging a deep pink
- noun the hard stony skeleton of a Mediterranean coral that has a delicate red or pink color and is used for jewelry
precious coral; red coral.
- noun blue color or pigment; resembling the color of the clear sky in the daytime
- he had eyes of bright blue
- noun blue clothing
- she was wearing blue
- noun a white or silvered surface where pictures can be projected for viewing
projection screen; silver screen.
- noun a protective covering that keeps things out or hinders sight
- they had just moved in and had not put up blinds yet
- noun red color or pigment; the chromatic color resembling the hue of blood
- noun a tributary of the Mississippi River that flows eastward from Texas along the southern boundary of Oklahoma and through Louisiana
- noun a conceptual whole made up of complicated and related parts
- the complex of shopping malls, houses, and roads created a new town
- noun a compound described in terms of the central atom to which other atoms are bound or coordinated
- adjective satellite of the color between blue and yellow in the color spectrum; similar to the color of fresh grass
dark-green; green; light-green.
- a green tree
- green fields
- green paint
- noun liquid excretory product
weewee; piddle; water; pee; piss.
- there was blood in his urine
- the child had to make water
- adjective satellite located below or beneath something else
- nether garments
- the under parts of a machine
- adjective satellite lower in rank, power, or authority
- an under secretary
- noun the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object
- coal is a hard black material
- wheat is the stuff they use to make bread
- noun information (data or ideas or observations) that can be used or reworked into a finished form
- the archives provided rich material for a definitive biography
- adjective satellite of the color intermediate between green and violet; having a color similar to that of a clear unclouded sky
- October's bright blue weather"- Helen Hunt Jackson
- a blue flame
- blue haze of tobacco smoke
- noun a small part of something intended as representative of the whole
- noun items selected at random from a population and used to test hypotheses about the population
sample distribution; sampling.
- noun a light shade of red
- noun any of various flowers of plants of the genus Dianthus cultivated for their fragrant flowers
- noun part of an organism consisting of an aggregate of cells having a similar structure and function
- noun a soft thin (usually translucent) paper
- adjective satellite of the color intermediate between green and orange in the color spectrum; of something resembling the color of an egg yolk
- adverb in another and different manner;
other than; otherwise.
- very soon you will know differently
- she thought otherwise
- there is no way out other than the fire escape
- noun (biochemistry) a long linear polymer of nucleotides found in the nucleus but mainly in the cytoplasm of a cell where it is associated with microsomes; it transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm and controls certain chemical processes in the cell
- ribonucleic acid is the genetic material of some viruses
- noun a wooden strip forming part of a fence
- verb turn pale, as if in fear
- noun a covering for the body (or parts of it) consisting of a dense growth of threadlike structures (as on the human head); helps to prevent heat loss
- he combed his hair
- each hair consists of layers of dead keratinized cells
- noun a very small distance or space
hair's-breadth; whisker; hairsbreadth.
- they escaped by a hair's-breadth
- they lost the election by a whisker
Our host upon his stirrups stood anon. Chaucer.
Thou shalt take of the blood that is upon the altar. Ex. xxix. 21.
The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. Judg. xvi. 9.
As I did stand my watch upon the hill. Shak.
He made a great difference between people that did rebel upon wantonness, and them that did rebel upon want. Bacon.
This advantage we lost upon the invention of firearms. Addison.
Upon the whole, it will be necessary to avoid that perpetual repetition of the same epithets which we find in Homer. Pope.
He had abandoned the frontiers, retiring upon Glasgow. Sir. W. Scott.
Philip swore upon the Evangelists to abstain from aggression in my absence. Landor.
- noun the real physical matter of which a person or thing consists
- DNA is the substance of our genes
- noun the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience
kernel; center; centre; nitty-gritty; essence; sum; meat; heart; pith; nub; heart and soul; core; inwardness; marrow; gist.
- the gist of the prosecutor's argument
- the heart and soul of the Republican Party
- the nub of the story
- noun the quality or state of the achromatic color of greatest lightness (bearing the least resemblance to black)
- noun a member of the Caucasoid race
White person; Caucasian.
- noun a brittle transparent solid with irregular atomic structure
- noun a container for holding liquids while drinking
- adjective satellite of surpassing excellence
- a brilliant performance
- a superb actor
- adjective satellite having or marked by unusual and impressive intelligence
smart as a whip; brainy.
- some men dislike brainy women
- a brilliant mind
- a brilliant solution to the problem
- noun solid homogeneous inorganic substances occurring in nature having a definite chemical composition
- adjective relating to minerals
- mineral elements
- mineral deposits
- adverb to a small degree or extent
somewhat; more or less.
- his arguments were somewhat self-contradictory
- the children argued because one slice of cake was slightly larger than the other
- adverb in a slim or slender manner
- a slenderly built woman
- slightly built
- noun (baseball) base consisting of a rubber slab where the batter stands; it must be touched by a base runner in order to score
home; home base; home plate.
- he ruled that the runner failed to touch home
- noun a sheet of metal or wood or glass or plastic
- adjective (comparative of `much' used with mass nouns) a quantifier meaning greater in size or amount or extent or degree
- more land
- more support
- more rain fell
- more than a gallon
- noun English statesman who opposed Henry VIII's divorce from Catherine of Aragon and was imprisoned and beheaded; recalled for his concept of Utopia, the ideal state
Sir Thomas More; Thomas More.
- noun conduit consisting of a long hollow object (usually cylindrical) used to hold and conduct objects or liquids or gases
- noun electronic device consisting of a system of electrodes arranged in an evacuated glass or metal envelope
vacuum tube; electron tube; thermionic vacuum tube; thermionic valve; thermionic tube.
- adjective satellite precisely as stated
- the very center of town
- adjective satellite being the exact same one; not any other:
- this is the identical room we stayed in before
- the themes of his stories are one and the same
- saw the selfsame quotation in two newspapers
- on this very spot
- the very thing he said yesterday
- the very man I want to see
- noun a natural protective body covering and site of the sense of touch
- your skin is the largest organ of your body
- noun an outer surface (usually thin)
- the skin of an airplane
- noun (physics) electromagnetic radiation that can produce a visual sensation
visible light; visible radiation.
- the light was filtered through a soft glass window
- noun any device serving as a source of illumination
- he stopped the car and turned off the lights
- noun any of various water-soluble compounds having a sour taste and capable of turning litmus red and reacting with a base to form a salt
- noun street name for lysergic acid diethylamide
Elvis; Zen; dose; battery-acid; back breaker; window pane; pane; Lucy in the sky with diamonds; loony toons; dot; superman.
- noun the central and most intense or profound part
- in the deep of night
- in the deep of winter
- noun a long steep-sided depression in the ocean floor
trench; oceanic abyss.
- noun commodities offered for sale
- good business depends on having good merchandise
- that store offers a variety of products
- noun an artifact that has been created by someone or some process
- they improve their product every year
- they export most of their agricultural production
- adverb to the same degree (often followed by `as')
every bit; as.
- they were equally beautiful
- birds were singing and the child sang as sweetly
- sang as sweetly as a nightingale
- he is every bit as mean as she is
- adverb in equal amounts or shares; in a balanced or impartial way
- a class evenly divided between girls and boys
- they split their winnings equally
- deal equally with rich and poor
- noun a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances; frequently (but not necessarily) a liquid solution
- he used a solution of peroxide and water
- noun a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem
answer; solvent; resolution; result.
- they were trying to find a peaceful solution
- the answers were in the back of the book
- he computed the result to four decimal places
- adjective (comparative of `little' usually used with mass nouns) a quantifier meaning not as great in amount or degree
- of less importance
- less time to spend with the family
- a shower uses less water
- less than three years old
- noun a chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints)
LE; lupus erythematosus.
- noun a person with a strong desire for something
- a longer for money
- a thirster after blood
- a yearner for knowledge
- adjective primarily temporal sense; being or indicating a relatively great or greater than average duration or passage of time or a duration as specified
- a long life
- a long boring speech
- a long time
- a long friendship
- a long game
- long ago
- an hour long
- adverb under normal conditions
normally; unremarkably; commonly; ordinarily.
- usually she was late
- noun a great amount or extent
- they did much for humanity
- adjective (quantifier used with mass nouns) great in quantity or degree or extent
- not much rain
- much affection
- much grain is in storage
- noun any small compartment
- the cells of a honeycomb
- noun (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms; they may exist as independent units of life (as in monads) or may form colonies or tissues as in higher plants and animals
- noun (cricket) the division of play during which six balls are bowled at the batsman by one player from the other team from the same end of the pitch
- adjective satellite having come or been brought to a conclusion
concluded; terminated; complete; ended; all over.
- the harvesting was complete
- the affair is over, ended, finished
- the abruptly terminated interview
Borrowing of foreigners, in itself, makes not the kingdom rich or poor. Locke.
- noun single thickness of usually some homogeneous substance
- slices of hard-boiled egg on a bed of spinach
- noun a relatively thin sheetlike expanse or region lying over or under another
- noun a slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water
- noun oil paint containing pigment that is used by an artist
oil color; oil colour.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!