explanative: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by explanative & Words describing explanative
- adjective (comparative of `much' used with mass nouns) a quantifier meaning greater in size or amount or extent or degree
- more land
- more support
- more rain fell
- more than a gallon
- noun English statesman who opposed Henry VIII's divorce from Catherine of Aragon and was imprisoned and beheaded; recalled for his concept of Utopia, the ideal state
Sir Thomas More; Thomas More.
- noun a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena
- theories can incorporate facts and laws and tested hypotheses
- true in fact and theory
- noun a tentative insight into the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena
- a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory
- he proposed a fresh theory of alkalis that later was accepted in chemical practices
- noun possession of controlling influence
- the deterrent power of nuclear weapons
- the power of his love saved her
- his powerfulness was concealed by a gentle facade
- noun (physics) the rate of doing work; measured in watts (= joules/second)
- noun a numerical quantity measured or assigned or computed
- the value assigned was 16 milliseconds
- noun the quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
- the Shakespearean Shylock is of dubious value in the modern world
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!