epitomise: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by epitomise & Words describing epitomise
- adverb for a short time
- she visited him briefly
- was briefly associated with IBM
- adverb in a concise manner; in a few words
in brief; shortly; concisely; in short.
- the history is summed up concisely in this book
- she replied briefly
- briefly, we have a problem
- to put it shortly
More wise, more learned, more just, more everything. Pope.
- noun the words that are spoken
- I listened to his words very closely
- noun the text of a popular song or musical-comedy number
- his compositions always started with the lyrics
- he wrote both words and music
- the song uses colloquial language
- adjective satellite (used with count nouns) two considered together; the two
- both girls are pretty
- noun a formation of people or things one beside another
- the line of soldiers advanced with their bayonets fixed
- they were arrayed in line of battle
- the cast stood in line for the curtain call
- noun a mark that is long relative to its width
- He drew a line on the chart
- noun the supreme effort one can make
- they did their best
- noun the person who is most outstanding or excellent; someone who tops all others
- he could beat the best of them
- adjective satellite of so extreme a degree or extent
- such weeping
- so much weeping
- such a help
- such grief
- never dreamed of such beauty
- adverb to so extreme a degree
- he is such a baby
- Such rich people!
- noun an aromatic gum resin obtained from various Arabian or East African trees; formerly valued for worship and for embalming and fumigation
frankincense; gum olibanum; olibanum.
- adverb (used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or reason or as a result
hence; so; therefore; thence.
- therefore X must be true
- the eggs were fresh and hence satisfactory
- we were young and thence optimistic
- it is late and thus we must go
- the witness is biased and so cannot be trusted
- adjective a quantifier that can be used with count nouns and is often preceded by `as' or `too' or `so' or `that'; amounting to a large but indefinite number
- many temptations
- the temptations are many
- a good many
- a great many
- many directions
- take as many apples as you like
- too many clouds to see
- never saw so many people
- noun a great amount or extent
- they did much for humanity
- adjective (quantifier used with mass nouns) great in quantity or degree or extent
- not much rain
- much affection
- much grain is in storage
- noun a deep hole or shaft dug or drilled to obtain water or oil or gas or brine
- noun a cavity or vessel used to contain liquid
- noun the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one or a numeral representing this number
II; deuce; 2.
- noun one of the four playing cards in a deck that have two spots
- noun the momentary present
- Now is a good time to do it
- it worked up to right now
- adverb in the historical present; at this point in the narration of a series of past events
- President Kennedy now calls in the National Guard
- Washington now decides to cross the Delaware
- the ship is now listing to port
- noun the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
ace; I; unity; 1; single.
- he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it
- they had lunch at one
- noun a single person or thing
- he is the best one
- this is the one I ordered
- noun the present location; this place
- where do we go from here?
- noun queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology; sister and wife of Zeus remembered for her jealously of the many mortal women Zeus fell in love with; identified with Roman Juno
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!