enthrones: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by enthrones & Words describing enthrones
- noun one of a series of ridges that moves across the surface of a liquid (especially across a large body of water)
- noun a movement like that of a sudden occurrence or increase in a specified phenomenon
- a wave of settlers
- troops advancing in waves
Borrowing of foreigners, in itself, makes not the kingdom rich or poor. Locke.
- noun the quality of being humane
- noun the quality of being human
- he feared the speedy decline of all manhood
But he himself returned from the quarries. Judges iii. 19.
David hid himself in the field. 1 Sam. xx. 24.
The Lord himself shall give you a sign. Is. vii. 14.
Who gave himself for us, that he might . . . purify unto himself a peculiar people. Titus ii. 14.
With shame remembers, while himself was one Of the same herd, himself the same had done. Denham.
It comprehendeth in himself all good. Chaucer.
- noun the qualities that give pleasure to the senses
- noun a very attractive or seductive looking woman
sweetheart; peach; knockout; lulu; smasher; stunner; ravisher; mantrap; dish; looker.
- noun the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
yard; G; thousand; grand; M; chiliad; one thousand; K; 1000.
- noun the lack of knowledge or education
- adjective using (or as if using) mechanisms or tools or devices
- a mechanical process
- his smile was very mechanical
- a mechanical toy
- adjective relating to or concerned with machinery or tools
- mechanical arts
- mechanical design
- mechanical skills
- noun any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
deity; divinity; immortal.
- noun the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the object of worship in monotheistic religions
- noun an aromatic gum resin obtained from various Arabian or East African trees; formerly valued for worship and for embalming and fumigation
frankincense; gum olibanum; olibanum.
- adverb (used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or reason or as a result
hence; so; therefore; thence.
- therefore X must be true
- the eggs were fresh and hence satisfactory
- we were young and thence optimistic
- it is late and thus we must go
- the witness is biased and so cannot be trusted
- noun any expected deliverer
- noun a teacher and prophet born in Bethlehem and active in Nazareth; his life and sermons form the basis for Christianity (circa 4 BC - AD 29)
the Nazarene; Jesus of Nazareth; Good Shepherd; Jesus; Saviour; Redeemer; Savior; Deliverer; Jesus Christ.
- adjective free of extraneous elements of any kind
- pure air and water
- pure gold
- pure primary colors
- the violin's pure and lovely song
- pure tones
- pure oxygen
- adjective satellite without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers
perfect; double-dyed; complete; gross; arrant; unadulterated; sodding; stark; consummate; utter; thoroughgoing; everlasting; staring.
- an arrant fool
- a complete coward
- a consummate fool
- a double-dyed villain
- gross negligence
- a perfect idiot
- pure folly
- what a sodding mess
- stark staring mad
- a thoroughgoing villain
- utter nonsense
- the unadulterated truth
- noun a strong positive emotion of regard and affection
- his love for his work
- children need a lot of love
- noun any object of warm affection or devotion;
- the theater was her first love
- he has a passion for cock fighting
Thou shalt call his name Jesus; for he shall save his people from their sins. Matt. i. 21.
Jesu, do thou my soul receive. Keble.
- noun a vaguely specified concern
- several matters to attend to
- it is none of your affair
- things are going well
- noun some situation or event that is thought about
topic; issue; subject.
- he kept drifting off the topic
- he had been thinking about the subject for several years
- it is a matter for the police
- noun an adult person who is male (as opposed to a woman)
- there were two women and six men on the bus
- noun someone who serves in the armed forces; a member of a military force
military man; serviceman; military personnel.
- two men stood sentry duty
- noun the quality of being just or fair
- noun judgment involved in the determination of rights and the assignment of rewards and punishments
- noun a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny
religion; religious belief.
- he lost his faith but not his morality
- noun complete confidence in a person or plan etc
- he cherished the faith of a good woman
- the doctor-patient relationship is based on trust
- noun a rational motive for a belief or action
- the reason that war was declared
- the grounds for their declaration
- noun an explanation of the cause of some phenomenon
- the reason a steady state was never reached was that the back pressure built up too slowly
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!