denudes: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by denudes & Words describing denudes
- noun an aromatic gum resin obtained from various Arabian or East African trees; formerly valued for worship and for embalming and fumigation
frankincense; gum olibanum; olibanum.
- adverb (used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or reason or as a result
hence; so; therefore; thence.
- therefore X must be true
- the eggs were fresh and hence satisfactory
- we were young and thence optimistic
- it is late and thus we must go
- the witness is biased and so cannot be trusted
Borrowing of foreigners, in itself, makes not the kingdom rich or poor. Locke.
- adverb to a complete degree or to the full or entire extent (`whole' is often used informally for `wholly')
all; whole; wholly; altogether; entirely; totally.
- he was wholly convinced
- entirely satisfied with the meal
- it was completely different from what we expected
- was completely at fault
- a totally new situation
- the directions were all wrong
- it was not altogether her fault
- an altogether new approach
- a whole new idea
- adverb so as to be complete; with everything necessary
- he had filled out the form completely
- the apartment was completely furnished
But he himself returned from the quarries. Judges iii. 19.
David hid himself in the field. 1 Sam. xx. 24.
The Lord himself shall give you a sign. Is. vii. 14.
Who gave himself for us, that he might . . . purify unto himself a peculiar people. Titus ii. 14.
With shame remembers, while himself was one Of the same herd, himself the same had done. Denham.
It comprehendeth in himself all good. Chaucer.
- noun a lofty level or position or degree
- summer temperatures reached an all-time high
- noun an air mass of higher than normal pressure
- the east coast benefits from a Bermuda high
- noun a garment size for a large person
- adjective above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent
- a large city
- set out for the big city
- a large sum
- a big (or large) barn
- a large family
- big businesses
- a big expenditure
- a large number of newspapers
- a big group of scientists
- large areas of the world
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!