Devices Everyone Loved this Christmas
corkscrewed: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by corkscrewed & Words describing corkscrewed
- noun a cloud of fine particles suspended in a gas
- noun a hot vapor containing fine particles of carbon being produced by combustion
- the fire produced a tower of black smoke that could be seen for miles
- adjective satellite directed up
- the cards were face upward
- an upward stroke of the pen
- adjective satellite extending or moving toward a higher place
- the up staircase
- a general upward movement of fish
- noun a covering for the body (or parts of it) consisting of a dense growth of threadlike structures (as on the human head); helps to prevent heat loss
- he combed his hair
- each hair consists of layers of dead keratinized cells
- noun a very small distance or space
hair's-breadth; whisker; hairsbreadth.
- they escaped by a hair's-breadth
- they lost the election by a whisker
- adverb in the area or vicinity
- a few spectators standing about
- hanging around
- waited around for the next flight
- adverb by a circular or circuitous route
- He came all the way around the base
- the road goes around the pond
- noun an open way (generally public) for travel or transportation
- noun a way or means to achieve something
- the road to fame
- noun soft fine feathers
- noun (American football) a complete play to advance the football
- you have four downs to gain ten yards
- noun a vessel that carries passengers or freight
- verb transport commercially
- adjective satellite having finished or arrived at completion
done; through with.
- certain to make history before he's done
- it's a done deed
- after the treatment, the patient is through except for follow-up
- almost through with his studies
- adjective satellite (of a route or journey etc.) continuing without requiring stops or changes
- a through street
- a through bus
- through traffic
- noun the entire structure of an organism (an animal, plant, or human being)
organic structure; physical structure.
- he felt as if his whole body were on fire
- noun a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity
- the whole body filed out of the auditorium
- the student body
- administrative body
- noun a charge of ammunition for a single shot
one shot; unit of ammunition.
- noun an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs
- the never-ending cycle of the seasons
- noun (baseball) a failure by a batter or runner to reach a base safely in baseball
- you only get 3 outs per inning
- verb to state openly and publicly one's homosexuality
come out of the closet; come out.
- This actor outed last year
- adjective satellite not present; having left
- he's away right now
- you must not allow a stranger into the house when your mother is away
- adjective used of an opponent's ground
- an away game
Borrowing of foreigners, in itself, makes not the kingdom rich or poor. Locke.
- noun (cricket) the division of play during which six balls are bowled at the batsman by one player from the other team from the same end of the pitch
- adjective satellite having come or been brought to a conclusion
concluded; terminated; complete; ended; all over.
- the harvesting was complete
- the affair is over, ended, finished
- the abruptly terminated interview
- noun the posterior part of a human (or animal) body from the neck to the end of the spine
- his back was nicely tanned
- noun the side that goes last or is not normally seen
- he wrote the date on the back of the photograph
But he himself returned from the quarries. Judges iii. 19.
David hid himself in the field. 1 Sam. xx. 24.
The Lord himself shall give you a sign. Is. vii. 14.
Who gave himself for us, that he might . . . purify unto himself a peculiar people. Titus ii. 14.
With shame remembers, while himself was one Of the same herd, himself the same had done. Denham.
It comprehendeth in himself all good. Chaucer.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!