circumnavigates: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by circumnavigates & Words describing circumnavigates
- noun Portuguese navigator in the service of Spain; he commanded an expedition that was the first to circumnavigate the world (1480-1521)
Ferdinand Magellan; Fernao Magalhaes.
- noun the 3rd planet from the sun; the planet we live on
- the Earth moves around the sun
- he sailed around the world
- noun an object with a spherical shape
- a ball of fire
- noun adult male of a wild or domestic duck
- noun English explorer and admiral who was the first Englishman to circumnavigate the globe and who helped to defeat the Spanish Armada (1540-1596)
Sir Francis Drake; Francis Drake.
- noun an Australian state on the island of Tasmania
- noun an island off the southeastern coast of Australia
- noun bits and splinters and fragments
- it would have shattered in flinders long before it did that damage
- noun British explorer who mapped the Australian coast (1774-1814)
Matthew Flinders; Sir Matthew Flinders.
- noun a nation occupying the whole of the Australian continent; Aboriginal tribes are thought to have migrated from southeastern Asia 20,000 years ago; first Europeans were British convicts sent there as a penal colony
Commonwealth of Australia.
- noun the smallest continent; between the South Pacific and the Indian Ocean
- noun Dutch navigator who was the first European to discover Tasmania and New Zealand (1603-1659)
Abel Tasman; Abel Janszoon Tasman.
- noun a communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba
Republic of Cuba.
- noun the largest island in the West Indies
- noun a track or mark left by something that has passed
- there as a trail of blood
- a tear left its trail on her cheek
- noun a path or track roughly blazed through wild or hilly country
- noun the second largest continent; located to the south of Europe and bordered to the west by the South Atlantic and to the east by the Indian Ocean
- noun a military campaign designed to achieve a specific objective in a foreign country
military expedition; hostile expedition.
- noun an organized group of people undertaking a journey for a particular purpose
- an expedition was sent to explore Mars
- noun a monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland; `Great Britain' is often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom
U.K.; Great Britain; UK; United Kingdom; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- noun group of aircraft operating together under the same ownership
- noun group of motor vehicles operating together under the same ownership
- noun someone who cooks food
- noun English navigator who claimed the east coast of Australia for Britain and discovered several Pacific islands (1728-1779)
Captain Cook; James Cook; Captain James Cook.
- noun a vessel that carries passengers or freight
- verb transport commercially
- noun the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
ace; I; unity; 1; single.
- he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it
- they had lunch at one
- noun a single person or thing
- he is the best one
- this is the one I ordered
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!