caerphilly: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by caerphilly & Words describing caerphilly
- verb move towards
go up; come near; draw near; draw close; come on; approach.
- We were approaching our destination
- They are drawing near
- The enemy army came nearer and nearer
- adjective not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances
- near neighbors
- in the near future
- they are near equals
- his nearest approach to success
- a very near thing
- a near hit by the bomb
- she was near tears
- she was close to tears
- had a close call
- noun a company of companions or supporters
- noun a band of warriors (originally a unit of a Roman Legion)
- adjective satellite having finished or arrived at completion
done; through with.
- certain to make history before he's done
- it's a done deed
- after the treatment, the patient is through except for follow-up
- almost through with his studies
- adjective satellite (of a route or journey etc.) continuing without requiring stops or changes
- a through street
- a through bus
- through traffic
- noun a large and stately mansion
- noun a large building formerly occupied by a ruler and fortified against attack
- adjective of or concerned with or related to the future
- prospective earnings
- a prospective mother
- a prospective bride
- the statute is solely prospective in operation
- noun a solid food prepared from the pressed curd of milk
- noun erect or decumbent Old World perennial with axillary clusters of rosy-purple flowers; introduced in United States
tall mallow; high mallow; Malva sylvestris; cheeseflower.
- noun a detailed critical inspection
- noun applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading)
- mastering a second language requires a lot of work
- no schools offer graduate study in interior design
- noun a land mass that projects well above its surroundings; higher than a hill
- noun (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
plenty; great deal; pot; sight; flock; mint; slew; deal; wad; muckle; pile; lot; mickle; raft; quite a little; passel; hatful; mess; spate; heap; peck; stack; good deal; batch; tidy sum; mass.
- a batch of letters
- a deal of trouble
- a lot of money
- he made a mint on the stock market
- see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos
- it must have cost plenty
- a slew of journalists
- a wad of money
- noun (United Kingdom) a region created by territorial division for the purpose of local government
- the county has a population of 12,345 people
- noun (United States) the largest administrative district within a state
- the county plans to build a new road
- noun a commercial or industrial enterprise and the people who constitute it
business organisation; business concern; business organization; concern.
- he bought his brother's business
- a small mom-and-pop business
- a racially integrated business concern
- noun the activity of providing goods and services involving financial and commercial and industrial aspects
commercial enterprise; business enterprise.
- computers are now widely used in business
- noun the locus of feelings and intuitions
- in your heart you know it is true
- her story would melt your bosom
- noun the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs; its rhythmic contractions move the blood through the body
- he stood still, his heart thumping wildly
- noun an open way (generally public) for travel or transportation
- noun a way or means to achieve something
- the road to fame
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!