annaba: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by annaba & Words describing annaba
- noun a contemporary person
- noun a typeface (based on an 18th century design by Gianbattista Bodoni) distinguished by regular shape and hairline serifs and heavy downstrokes
Bodoni font; modern font; Bodoni.
- noun an alloy of iron with small amounts of carbon; widely used in construction; mechanical properties can be varied over a wide range
- noun a cutting or thrusting weapon that has a long metal blade and a hilt with a hand guard
brand; blade; sword.
- noun the momentary present
- Now is a good time to do it
- it worked up to right now
- adverb in the historical present; at this point in the narration of a series of past events
- President Kennedy now calls in the National Guard
- Washington now decides to cross the Delaware
- the ship is now listing to port
- verb move towards
go up; come near; draw near; draw close; come on; approach.
- We were approaching our destination
- They are drawing near
- The enemy army came nearer and nearer
- adjective not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances
- near neighbors
- in the near future
- they are near equals
- his nearest approach to success
- a very near thing
- a near hit by the bomb
- she was near tears
- she was close to tears
- had a close call
- noun time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis
twenty-four hours; mean solar day; twenty-four hour period; solar day; 24-hour interval.
- two days later they left
- they put on two performances every day
- there are 30,000 passengers per day
- noun some point or period in time
- it should arrive any day now
- after that day she never trusted him again
- those were the days
- these days it is not unusual
- noun a telephone connection
telephone call; phone call.
- she reported several anonymous calls
- he placed a phone call to London
- he heard the phone ringing but didn't want to take the call
- noun a special disposition (as if from a divine source) to pursue a particular course
- he was disappointed that he had not heard the Call
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!