Amazon Best Selling Books This Season
andre: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by andre & Words describing andre
- noun United States ballet dancer (born in Russia) (1917-1977)
prehistorianSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
agassiSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a scientist knowledgeable about cosmography
capletSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
parcSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun French writer best known for his biographies (1885-1967)
Emile Herzog; Andre Maurois.
- noun an artist who is a member of the movement called surrealism
santoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a communication (usually brief) that is written or spoken or signaled
- he sent a three-word message
- noun what a communication that is about something is about
content; substance; subject matter.
edouardSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun French novelist (1901-1976)
- noun a persistent and contagious disease of the skin causing inflammation and itching and loss of hair; affects domestic animals (and sometimes people)
- noun someone who makes wine
wine maker; vintner.
citroenSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun liquid excretory product
weewee; piddle; urine; water; piss.
- there was blood in his urine
- the child had to make water
- noun informal terms for urination
peeing; pissing; piss.
- he took a pee
The miller was a stout carl. Chaucer.
quaiSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
rochonSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an artist who is a member of the movement called surrealism
leroiSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a motley assortment of things
hotchpotch; farrago; ragbag; mingle-mangle; oddments; hodgepodge; odds and ends; omnium-gatherum; gallimaufry; mishmash.
- noun (trademark) a sweet aromatic French wine (red or white) used chiefly as an aperitif
- noun armor plate that protects the arm
- noun European strong-scented perennial herb with grey-green bitter-tasting leaves; an irritant similar to poison ivy
herb of grace; Ruta graveolens.
- noun leaves sometimes used for flavoring fruit or claret cup but should be used with great caution: can cause irritation like poison ivy
- noun a biologist specializing in the study of plants
phytologist; plant scientist.
- noun someone who demands exact conformity to rules and forms
- noun (baseball) a person who plays in the outfield
- noun a fielder in cricket who is stationed in the outfield
- noun French politician who proposed the Maginot Line (1877-1932)
fitzroySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
michelinSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
francoisSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
terrailSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- verb decrease gradually or bit by bit
- verb cut small bits or pare shavings from
- whittle a piece of wood
- noun Italian painter and sculptor (1884-1920)
- noun a woodworker who specializes in making furniture
harrellSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
rochSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun someone who theorizes (especially in science or art)
theoretician; theoriser; idealogue; theorizer.
- noun a flat device with narrow pointed teeth on one edge; disentangles or arranges hair
- noun the fleshy red crest on the head of the domestic fowl and other gallinaceous birds
- noun a vertical spar for supporting sails
- noun nuts of forest trees (as beechnuts and acorns) accumulated on the ground
- noun anthropologist and linguist; studied languages of North American Indians (1884-1939)
- noun someone who parodies in an exaggerated manner
cauvinSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun combatant who tries to throw opponent to the ground
- noun an inlaid furniture decoration; tortoiseshell and yellow and white metal form scrolls in cabinetwork
- noun (German mythology) mythical German warrior hero of the Nibelungenlied who takes possession of the accursed treasure of the Nibelungs by slaying the dragon that guards it and awakens Brynhild and is eventually killed; Sigurd is the Norse counterpart
- noun a scientist trained in physics
- adjective located at a great distance in time or space or degree
- we come from a far country
- far corners of the earth
- the far future
- a far journey
- the far side of the road
- far from the truth
- far in the future
- noun a terrorist organization that seeks to overthrow the government dominated by Tutsi and to institute Hutu control again
Army for the Liberation of Rwanda; Interahamwe; ALIR; Former Armed Forces.
- in 1999 ALIR guerrillas kidnapped and killed eight foreign tourists
- noun a licensed practitioner of psychoanalysis
- noun removal of significant amounts of prostate tissue (as in cases of benign prostatic hyperplasia)
transurethral resection of the prostate.
maitreSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a town in northern Germany (near Hanover) that is famous as the setting for the legend of the Pied Piper
gingrichSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a French abbot
trudeauSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a twilled woolen fabric
- noun the basic unit of money in Suriname; equal to 100 cents
- noun formerly the basic unit of money in the Netherlands; equal to 100 cents
Dutch florin; florin; gulden.
chezSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a defensive football player who takes a position close behind the linemen
- noun (American football) the position of a defensive football player who plays close behind the line of scrimmage
- noun Russian filmmaker (1932-1986)
Andrei Arsenevich Tarkovsky; Andrei Tarkovsky.
raeSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun soft creamy white cheese; milder than Camembert
- noun a student of musicology
belleauSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective quantifier; used with either mass or count nouns to indicate the whole number or amount of or every one of a class
- we sat up all night
- ate all the food
- all men are mortal
- all parties are welcome
- adjective satellite completely given to or absorbed by
- became all attention
- noun Soviet physicist and dissident; helped develop the first Russian hydrogen bomb; advocated nuclear disarmament and campaigned for human rights (1921-1989)
Andrei Sakharov; Andrei Dimitrievich Sakharov.
- noun United States chemist who developed nylon (1896-1937)
Wallace Carothers; Wallace Hume Carothers.
- noun someone who plays a violoncello
- noun a region marking a boundary
- noun the edge of a steep place
- noun unstratified soil deposited by a glacier; consists of sand and clay and gravel and boulders mixed together
- noun a treasury for government funds
trough; public treasury.
- noun a professional cook
martySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite of or befitting a lord
- heir to a lordly fortune
- of august lineage
- noun the month following July and preceding September
- noun a deep hole or shaft dug or drilled to obtain water or oil or gas or brine
- noun a cavity or vessel used to contain liquid
elisabethSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite of a moderate yellow-green color that is greener and deeper than moss green and yellower and darker than pea green
cress green; watercress.
fontaineSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a person who plays the piano
- noun capital of the state of South Dakota; located in central South Dakota on the Missouri river
capital of South Dakota.
- noun Russian poet who died in a prison camp (1891-1938)
Osip Mandelstam; Osip Emilevich Mandelstam; Mandelshtam.
By what small, petit hints does the mind catch hold of and recover a vanishing notion. South.
- noun French film maker influenced by surrealism; early work explored the documentary use of film; noted for innovative techniques (born in 1930)
Jean Luc Godard.
- noun a person who is professionally engaged in the analysis and interpretation of works of art
- noun anyone who expresses a reasoned judgment of something
antoineSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
Stain or brack in her sweet reputation. J. Fletcher.
- noun one who writes novels
millardSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a very short time (as the time it takes the eye to blink or the heart to beat)
instant; blink of an eye; flash; New York minute; twinkling; jiffy; heartbeat; split second; trice.
- if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash
- noun closing one eye quickly as a signal
jacquesSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a collection containing a variety of sorts of things
mixture; smorgasbord; variety; motley; mixed bag; salmagundi; miscellany; assortment; potpourri.
- a great assortment of cars was on display
- he had a variety of disorders
- a veritable smorgasbord of religions
- noun Soviet ambassador to the United States and to the United Nations (1909-1989)
Andrei Gromyko; Andrei Andreyevich Gromyko.
- noun United States film actress (born in Germany) who made many films with Josef von Sternberg and later was a successful cabaret star (1901-1992)
Maria Magdalene von Losch; Marlene Dietrich.
- noun made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing
- noun ornament consisting of a circular rounded protuberance (as on a vault or shield or belt)
- noun heavy pin having a head at one end and the other end being hammered flat after being passed through holes in the pieces that are fastened together
gillesSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
dupontSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a writer of literary works
- noun a former unit of electric current (slightly smaller than the SI ampere)
- noun the basic unit of electric current adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
- a typical household circuit carries 15 to 50 amps
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!